Can't install Windows Phone Power Tools!

Gautam Kabiraj

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys!
I've a student unlocked Lumia 520 and wanted to install 5 apps using WP Power Tools. I've installed WP SDK 8 Lite.
But when I try the installer, it throws away the error:

"?Microsoft,VisualStudio_OLE.Interop Version 7.1.40304.0 be installed in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) first.?

Is there any way to bypass the GAC check? Or do I need to install the whole Visual Studio Exp 2012 again? I've very limited bandwidth left now :( Please tell me what are the exact requirements for WP Power Tools!
Please don't suggest about XAP Deployer, I need to edit my app files more frequently so only WP Tools can help me. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

****************Additional info****************
RAM: 4GB
Processor: Intel Core 2.6GHz

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I already read that thread bro but it didn't help me either! I'm still getting the same error... :(
Anyway thanks for your help!

Have you tried this: Here are the steps to fix this issue

1. Download the latest source code.
  2. In projects WindowsPhone.Tools and WindowsPhonePowerTools, remove the references to Microsoft.Smartdevice.Connectivity.dll and add "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.SmartDevice.Connectivity\v4.0_11.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.Smartdevice.Connectivity.dll".
  3. In project WindowsPhone.Tools, remove the reference to Microsoft.Smartdevice.ConnectivityWrapper.10.dll.
  4. In RemoteAppIsoStoreItem.cs, remove “extern alias SmartDeviceConnectivityWrapper10;” at the beginning of the file.
  5. Again in RemoteAppIsoStoreItem.cs, find the following code and remove the else statement.
    if (remoteFileObject != null)
    {
    remoteFileObject.GetRemoteIsolatedStorageFile().DeleteFile(_path);
    }else
    {

}
You can check the following link for the source code with my quick fix if you don't want to go through the above steps:
https://wptools.codeplex.com/workitem/41

vijay heart99

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried this: Here are the steps to fix this issue

1. Download the latest source code.
  2. In projects WindowsPhone.Tools and WindowsPhonePowerTools, remove the references to Microsoft.Smartdevice.Connectivity.dll and add "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.SmartDevice.Connectivity\v4.0_11.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.Smartdevice.Connectivity.dll".
  3. In project WindowsPhone.Tools, remove the reference to Microsoft.Smartdevice.ConnectivityWrapper.10.dll.
  4. In RemoteAppIsoStoreItem.cs, remove “extern alias SmartDeviceConnectivityWrapper10;” at the beginning of the file.
  5. Again in RemoteAppIsoStoreItem.cs, find the following code and remove the else statement.
    if (remoteFileObject != null)
    {
    remoteFileObject.GetRemoteIsolatedStorageFile().DeleteFile(_path);
    }else
    {

}
You can check the following link for the source code with my quick fix if you don't want to go through the above steps:
https://wptools.codeplex.com/workitem/41

please explain step by step

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cb27