Can't log-in to Paypal when in Edge?

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Recently, I have been unable to log into my PayPal account from Edge. First noticed it about a week ago when trying to complete a transaction. Called PayPal Customer Support and they were no help...just tried to placate me by giving me some BS and a long and laborious work-around. While I was on hold waiting for a supervisor, I found my own way to complete a delicate transaction (Right clicked the Pay Now Tab > copied the hyperlink > opened Chrome > pasted the link into the address field, and DONE).

My Question is: has/is anyone else experiencing this issue? If so, did you find the reason and, maybe a fix???

I have no problem logging on to PP when in Chrome but when in Edge the 'enter your password' page shown up, excepts my password information, but when I hit the 'log in' button...nothing, it seems the click action doesn't create an event????

Thanks for any help:)

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't normally use Edge, but I just tried this. PayPal seems to work fine. I didn't do anything in PayPal, but I was able to log in with no problem.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks @tgp...I found my issue and have resolved it. Somehow, my username had inadvertantly been populated with my 2nd verification phone number, instead of my primary username, so when entering my password and click the login button it went nowhere and did nothing, appearing to be stuck - through me off for a while...duh!

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks @tgp...I found my issue and have resolved it. Somehow, my username had inadvertantly been populated with my 2nd verification phone number, instead of my primary username, so when entering my password and click the login button it went nowhere and did nothing, appearing to be stuck - through me off for a while...duh!

So it was aggressive autopopulate that was the problem if I understand correctly? I sometimes have trouble with that in Chrome.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
This is not surprising, this payment system has a lot of flaws. I and all my friends constantly faced various problems using PayPal. So I gave it up a few years ago

This is an old thread and the issue has been resolved. For the record, the problem had nothing to do with PayPal. The browser's autopopulate was the problem. PayPal was the victim.

Hanaford

Apr 1, 2020
Visit site
I have resolved the issue by adding my credit card as a payment method. It has worked. However, I still cannot add PayPal as my default payment method. I followed exactly all the steps you mentioned Walgreenslistens. I made a different profile, changed the billing country and address.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss