Nukey Pearce

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey there,

I just thought I would share my experiences of the swapping of the Lumia 920 chassis...

I saw on WPCentral a little while ago some links in the comments to those selling spares for the Lumia 920, and one of those places was "Eurosatonline". I decided to bite the bullet and go ahead with ordering a cyan case from them to replace the existing black one I had.

Surprisingly, the chassis (and additional wireless charging circuit as well as the SIM tray) arrived within 5 working days. It was originally ordered around Wednesday last week and I got it yesterday, and what with a bank holiday and a weekend within that, I thought was pretty good.

Anyways, it turned up, and I have to say the swapping of the chassis seemed super easy. (Ok, admittedly I didn't swap it myself, my partner did as he's good with those sorts of things) but I think it turned out quite well.

Now, I'm real pleased I have a cyan lumia without AT&T branding! It's an awesome feeling knowing you are unique ;)

Has anyone else had any similar experiences with this spare parts outfit? The parts almost certainly do look genuine - even the wireless charging circuit had it's original 3M tape stuck to it to allow it to be fastened. Anyone else here used them and managed to swap the case over without hiccups?

Nukey

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

galw

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to switch to the yellow case (I have the a black lumia 920) but I realized that it will limit me to the yellow theme only.

maybe someone can upload an image of yellow lumia with another theme color besides yellow?

*****Nice job, by the way!!!!! ******

radekhulan

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Purchased case and SIM tray from the same seller, works great.

mthu9278e73b24a0932d176f14dbea52b769.jpg

mthu3e465ae9dbaf2e1844d0753e0971ec61.jpg

And video (in Czech language):

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Replaced my dinged and dented yellow case for another yellow. Snapping it into the new case was very tough compared to taking it out initially. Otherwise it was painless.

The volume and power buttons are a tad loose, but everything checks out fine!

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
For those of you with black cases, I have found that keeping the black SIM tray actually looks fine on a coloured shell. I mean, the screen is black, the headphone jack is black, the buttons are black, the screws are black, and the USB port looks black. So if you wanna save a few bucks, don't bother with the sim tray! Put it towards another colour instead!

pezley

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to switch to the yellow case (I have the a black lumia 920) but I realized that it will limit me to the yellow theme only.

maybe someone can upload an image of yellow lumia with another theme color besides yellow?

Nah, yellow and blue, indigo & red all look great :)

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a red Lumia 920 and do find it limiting, though of course I have the same range to choose from. However, the more different coloured tiles you have on your start screen, the less theme colours like cobalt jar. I'm hoping that Microsoft will allow a much wider choice of theme colour in future.

I also hope replacing the case will rejuvenate the Lumia once its accumulated some bangs.

immyperez

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site

I tend to find that after a while, having different coloured themes on my yellow Lumia is anything but limited. Granted, a few colours do not really work...the brown turd colour for example, YUK!

But most other colours...they just work.

radekhulan

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Grey case works great with any color theme :) And has a "stealth feel" to it. Love it :) It is also smooth to touch, unlike shiny red / yellow cases.

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Grey case works great with any color theme :) And has a "stealth feel" to it. Love it :) It is also smooth to touch, unlike shiny red / yellow cases.

mind sharing exactly where it was purchased? Didn't find it at OP's link. Spent some time online searching and usually it didn't come much below 50GBP (1400CZK) which is kind of too much for me. Also do You have some more pix of the grey chasis in other lightings? Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss