Chrome touchscreen issues - desktop mode

SurfaceGO4gb

Dec 26, 2018
Visit site
Hi people, I gave my parents a surface go 4gb for Christmas. I configured everything before gifting it and everything was working fine.

Before starting: it's working in desktop mode, not in tablet mode.

Tonite I turned it on for the first time in 5 days and I had a really bad surprise.

In chrome there is no touchscreen input, on the web page itself. Address bar, options and menus are working properly.

Anyone else with this issue? Also, before having this problem, no keyboard would popup after tapping on the chrome search field, but this seems to be kind of normal.

I have found some other discussions on the web, that point the problem to an advanced option that is not available anymore in the latest chrome release. I have no idea how to fix this problem.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'm not sure what you mean by touchscreen input. Also, Chrome is not known for being touch friendly on Windows. And especially given that you got them the 4GB version, you should definitely set your parents up to use Edge with Firefox as a backup browser since it is (usually) more touch friendly (and RAM friendly) than Chrome.

Last edited:

SurfaceGO4gb

Dec 26, 2018
Visit site
I ended up switching to Firefox, since it has all the 4 extensions I use to make their web-browsing life easier.

Weird that on the Acer one 10 tablet I have, chrome works well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes