Columnist Jason Ward finally ditched Windows phone for Android

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
i%20love%20android.jpg

After more than 12 years as a Windows phone user, I've finally ditched Microsoft's mobile platform and embraced Android. Here are my gut reactions.
I've been using Windows phones exclusively since 2006. My first smartphone (second cell phone) was the Cingular 2125 running Windows Mobile 5.0, and I loved it. I've enjoyed all of my Windows phones. From Windows Mobile 5.0 to Windows Phone 7.5, to Windows Phone 8 and 8.1 to Windows 10 Mobile, devices powered by Microsoft's mobile platform have been my portal to the smartphone experience.

I web surfed, played music, watched movies, ran apps, took pictures, accessed Office documents and more with my Cingular 2125 which introduced me to mobile computing before Apple's iPhone "mainstreamed" consumer smartphones in 2007. The productivity power and versatility of "Windows in my pocket" has long appealed to me, though Microsoft has yet to perfect the pocket computer vision I embraced.
So even through the waves of disappointments familiar to enthusiasts who've endured the promises and failures of Windows-on-phone, I held on to what I liked through the years. I liked Windows phone. I like Windows phone. But neither sentiment, preference, nor hope was sufficient to keep me tethered to a platform that could no longer meet my current and evolving needs. So, this Christmas I gifted my wife (who has been increasingly adamant about switching) and I with LG Stylo 4's running Android.

Long story short, this diehard Windows phone fan loves Android (so far). What follows is not a review of Android, nor a review of the midrange phones I've chosen. This is my visceral reaction to the Android smartphone experience through the eyes of a true-blue Windows phone fan.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Gotta do what you gotta do.

Jason, I have been on a S8+ for over a month. I needed a couple of Bluetooth apps that I use daily. I highly doubt they'll ever develop these for Windows. One is for a BMS and the other is a DSP app. Sold all my Lumia hardware and spare parts too. Such a shame Microsoft could not put effort in mobile phone hardware anymore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb