Complete music failure lumia 720

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Well its been a fun evening, my Lumia 720 decided to duplicate all my music today ?? it was not connected to a PC and i have had no issues before, i deleted the duplicates via the phone but that didnt help as the phone then refused to play any music at all from the SD card where it was stored , so i got home and connected to my Pc in an effort to sort it out , the SD card has been formatted in the phone, via the PC and no matter what i do the phone now refuses to show any music, i can see it via a SD card reader, it is stored in the music folder created by the phone, the phones storage app shows there is music there but it is not accessible at all ??? this has taken at least 4 hours tonight to try and get music to show on the phone

I gave in after soft resets, reformats and have now tried a hard reset but as i look a the phone it says ( problem with restoring backup ) 0x0 ??? sometimes it never rains but it pours...

The SD card is only a small 2 GB card which has given no problems before today, i did try a 64 GB card a while ago but the video capture was terrible so i downsized which made a huge difference to stability until today ... anyone else had hasstle with music not being accessible after AMBER GDR2 ??

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello, welcome to Nokia/WP MP3 hell. You and I aren't the only ones that have had inexplicable disappearance and duplicattion issues.

These issues should be ancient history. No problem, ever, in my older phones or dedicated mp3 players.

Sorry I have no solution for you, just letting you know that I feel your pain.

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Glad i am not the only one Paul... i have heard of duplicates before but not a complete failure or refusal to display any music at all, and i did try other cards, non showed music although all the folders were created by the phone and the music was copied into the music folder ??
I should add i tried W8 METRO... yes i said it ... METRO interface but that just went to 51% in a second and then showed errors in copying music to phone, i then tried the old Windows music player which synced across successfully but the phone refused to show music, i then deleted the music and copied it manually by putting the card in a reader but again the phone refused to show music ??

The reset not soft reboot seems to have cured the issue and as i type apps are being re-installed... i thank MS for this as it is working, small grace but i`l take it at this point

I just find it very frustrating, with the knowledge that Nokia when in Europe was unshakeable in design prowess and software stability, Nokia users never ever thought about music not playing on a device they just worked, Microsoft the same with the brilliant Zune music player but together ... wet weekend in Blackpool

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb