Connecting to wrong carrier on display only Lumia 710

jege41

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm with Wind Mobile Canada and when returning home from a trip to the USA the other day my phone has locked in with T-Mobile or at least that is what network is being displayed on the home screen. Even though it says T-Mobile in reality it is on Wind but no matter what setting I try I can't get it to display Wind.
Again I will repeat my statement, I'm on the right network Wind but the display is showing T-Mobile after returning home from a trip to the USA.
I'm hesitant about doing a reset as I'm afraid of losing all my data although I assume my contacts should be backed up on the Cloud?
I have been to Wind customer care and they to are baffled.
I know T-Mobile has some kind of exclusive with some Nokia phones so perhaps with all there proprietary firmware somehow they have corrupted my phone when I was on there network while visiting in the USA?

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Did you buy the phone in the States and unlocked it to work on Wind?
Or was it a Wind phone you used in the States?
If its a States phone its Tmobile branded. I don't think you can get rid of it unless you tinker with ROMs.

There should be an app on the Nokia market called Network Setup. Run that and see if that helps.
You can also try going to your cellular settings, change from "automatic selection" to 'tap to select' wait a bit for it to detect the networks and select Wind when it lets you.

My 710 is Tmobile branded (I purchased it from a guy who purchased it in the States), unlocked and works on Telus. But its branded for Tmobile (on startup and on the face of the device). I cant get rid of those. But it says "Telus" for my active network.

jege41

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I have since resolved the issue of my Lumia 710 displaying the T-Mobile logo on the display while actually being connected to the Wind mobile network after visiting the USA and returning to Vancouver.
The issue was resolved by driving into a T-Mobile service area, waited for the text from Wind mobile to indicate that I indeed was out of the Wind service area, then rebooted my phone, drove my car back into the Wind service area, rebooted my phone and thus the problem was gone displaying Wind as the carrier. I'm not sure if the rebooting had any effect on this or not or if just moving in and out of the two carriers area's would have been sufficient?

jege41

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Did you buy the phone in the States and unlocked it to work on Wind?
Or was it a Wind phone you used in the States?
If its a States phone its Tmobile branded. I don't think you can get rid of it unless you tinker with ROMs.

There should be an app on the Nokia market called Network Setup. Run that and see if that helps.
You can also try going to your cellular settings, change from "automatic selection" to 'tap to select' wait a bit for it to detect the networks and select Wind when it lets you.

My 710 is Tmobile branded (I purchased it from a guy who purchased it in the States), unlocked and works on Telus. But its branded for Tmobile (on startup and on the face of the device). I cant get rid of those. But it says "Telus" for my active network.

You are referring to the splash screen, and no that is not the issue, the issue was the actual logo on the tile which indicates the network the phone is on at any given time. But thanks for the reply regardless and I have since resolved the issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster