Contacts missing from phone and account

champion7891

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I own an htc 8x. This morning, I received a message from a friend on what's app. When I opened the App, instead of displaying names it only displayed numbers. Upon checking the People's app, I found out that all my contacts were gone bar my hotmail contact. By hotmail contacts I mean the contacts that your phone first imports from your account on setup are still there, but their phone numbers are gone (only email is displayed) and the contacts that I later manually added are gone. And when I check my online account, they weren't there either.

Its vexing, please help me.

Last edited:

djkwartz

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Something similar is happening to me but not with Whatsapp, with regular text messages, I've noticed yesterday around noon that new text messages was no longer displaying using people's name.. looked my contacts on phone, from People app on Windows 8.1 and online at outlook [dot] com.. everywhere was showing that I no longer had any contacts.. what happened?! Still don't have any contacts today. I know lately Microsoft had some outage (example: Office 365), maybe it is related but that's one more thing that drives me to go towards other services than Microsoft.. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon