Cortana Animations on Windows 10 Mobile Live Tile are nonexistent.

NairobiWP

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one who has noticed that the Cortana LiveTile animations on Win10 mobile appear to being phased out? Unlike on WP8.1 where Cortana was bubbly and full of life and animation, on Win10 she is either dead or demure.
On my L540 (running 586.29) Cortana has zero animations and rarely gives notifications on the LiveTile. On my L920 (also on 586.29), Cortana only has a slight "throbbing" animation. She also rarely gives notifications on the Live Tile.
Is this another feature being killed off in favor of coding homogenisation across platforms? If Microsoft won't support LiveTile integration on their own apps, then why should other developers.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
She also rarely gives notifications on the Live Tile.
Is this another feature being killed off in favor of coding homogenisation across platforms? If Microsoft won't support LiveTile integration on their own apps, then why should other developers.

Kind of far fetched nah? are there still animations? I get less animations now with w10m, but still see a few occasionally. Headlines? I get a few on the tile yes and I still get notifications for the items I'm interested in. Is MS abandoning this? lol no probably not.. there might be issues, but definitely can't see them throwing it out the window

NairobiWP

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Kind of far fetched nah? .... lol no probably not.. there might be issues, but definitely can't see them throwing it out the window

At this point of Microsoft's mobile development, nothing is certain. We can only go on what currently exists. It may be possible that the Cortana team hasn't added these notifications to the #LiveTile yet.

Personally I am not a fan of ALL my notifications being routed to the Action Center. Live Tiles work much better for non-time sensitive (less critical information). This is why I am disappointed in the loss of Cortana Live Tile functionality.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've not had Cortana on my start screen since back in the old days where it sucked up battery juice.

I have other apps for the important stuff. I know I can just hit the search button to give me my Cortana feed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett