Cortana + connected to bluetooth receiver = no work

Blackadder_100

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have noticed exactly the same problem with Cortland and my TomTom hands free car kit since upgrading to Windows Phone 8.1 developers preview.

History: bought the car kit and note that it worked perfectly with my Nokia 525 running Windows Phone 8. For instance, I could press the menu button to trigger voice commands, then say "phone Joe Brown mobile" or "start Co-Pilot". Both would work fine. Call quality was great. I could speak as normal from my usual driving position,

Since upgrading to Windows Phone 8.1 it is as if the microphone has been completely degraded. Pressing the menu button does activate Cortana, but the only way to get a response after that is to lean right into the microphone and SPEAK LOUD AND SLOW. When Cortana responds, she sounds very quiet and the crackle is like she is using a walkie-talkie from 10 miles away. She then gets it wrong nine out of ten times.

By contrast, Cortana is GREAT when the phone is being used away from the car. For instance, "Next time I am home remind me to water the garden", "Wake me up at 7am tomorrow" or "Play some rock music". It also understands "Drive home", opening Co-Pilot automatically.

I am also hearing the kind of dit,dit,dit interference that old phones produce when positioned next to speakers. This never happened pre-upgrade.

To clarify: clicking "Choose an alternative Bluetooth connection method" makes no difference.

Speculations:
- Microsoft and TomTom need to replicate the problem
- Hopefully it is fixable via a Bluetooth option rather than a firmware upgrade and new cradle purchase.

Hi Sean, I know this thread is old but I have the exact same problem with my TomTom car kit since WP8.1DP and wondered if you found a solution?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria