Cyberpunk 2077 review: A strong contender for best game ever made

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
cyberpunk_2077_c_2020_by_cd_projekt_red_04_12_2020_09_39_27.jpg

Cyberpunk 2077 is an experience without equal.
As I write this, I've just completed Cyberpunk 2077, announced all the way back in 2012. After eight years and some notoriously high-profile delays, it feels almost surreal that we're finally here. I am among the lucky few tasked with presenting Cyberpunk 2077 as a player, and despite having written literally thousands of articles, this particular task feels uniquely daunting.
Cyberpunk 2077 won't be bested for years — it is a masterpiece.
I feel as though I could write thousands upon thousands of words about my time in Night City. The sheer scale of Cyberpunk 2077 as a creative project is simply without precedent. The more I played, the more I began to realize I was experiencing a landmark moment in creative media. Cyberpunk 2077 represents cutting edge technology. It represents the uncompromised vision of Mike Pondsmith's Cyberpunk universe, translated meticulously into video game form. It represents the execution of what is surely among the most gargantuan digitized acting projects in history.
Cyberpunk 2077 represents a true leap forward for the medium, with an experience that I'm sure will come with equal parts controversy and admiration. One thing is for certain: nobody will be able to ignore this game. It will be picked apart, scrutinized, and analyzed for years to come. Cyberpunk 2077 is going to hit this industry like an earthquake.
After a week or so with the game and dozens of hours played, my honest-to-goodness recommendation is that you don't read this review. Go in blind. Enjoy this moment, and savor its rarity. Simply stated, as an experience, Cyberpunk 2077 won't be bested for years — it is a masterpiece, wholly without equal.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99