Dell Ultrasharp 32 6K Monitor (U3224KB) review: All the pixels and a fantastic 4K UHD webcam make this one AMAZING display

GraniteStateColin

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Great review. Very informative. Thanks, Dan!

As my eyes age, I find 4K to be sufficient (barely though) on a 32" (I have an Asus 32" 4K HDR in portrait mainly for Outlook -- it was really cheap, under $300, or I'd never pay for HDR for an Outlook monitor), so can't really justify a big expense for a sharper image. More pixels would be better, just not something I NEED for the money.

On the other hand, I also have a 43" Gigabyte Aorus (144Hz and HDR) monitor as my main screen, and at 4K on that, the pixels are too big. I only run it at 125% scale to keep the text and windows reasonably sized, which doesn't look great. I really want to get to a minimum of 150%, scale and ideally higher than that. That requires 5K minimum, where 6K or 8K would be much better. I would LOVE to be able to get a 6K 40" - 43", but I'd also want > 60Hz along with HDR, or I'd feel like it's a tradeoff from my current screen.

Hopefully the advent of this Dell encourages more monitors to follow-suit with higher DPI displays at all screen sizes. We also need to see graphics cards start shipping with Thunderbolt support on the cards. Is that an option on any yet? Will it be?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720