Despite what the internet says, Redfall isn't the worst game ever

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I definitely didn't hate my time with Redfall, unlike some other games I've reviewed. I think people resent the fact Arkane is capable of so much more.

redfall fanatic

May 12, 2023
Visit site
I made this account just to comment because I was so infuriated with my experience playing this game. I just beat it after 22 hours of playtime on series x. It would have been closer to 17 hours of playtime if the game didn't 1) crash so often, usually around 40 minutes into a 45 minute long mission making you redo the entire mission and 2) crash at any point you lose internet access (i was playing single player but it's still required to run the game for some reason). I think I kept coming back to it because I wanted to outsmart the glitches and because I liked the style so much. I do feel for the people who did the music and art on the game, those both came out great -- everything else failed. The first half of the game is pretty decent but the 2nd half, after you change maps, is often unplayable. I am not convinced there were testers or producers who actually played through this game. Many times I'd have to redo missions if a key item got stuck in a wall, such as skulls you have to collect. Which brings me to the "side quests" which you find out almost all need to be completed in the 2nd half of the game to progress to the final boss so they might as well be main missions. Beyond the glitches, many choices seem to be taunting the player such as having to grind picking up items to sell for ammo on the most important weapon of the game, the stake launcher. It really is one of the worst triple-a games released ever in the past several years. On the plus side, I think this will give xbox time to evaluate starfield better than they would have had redfall not been released.

chris9465

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Even if the game was bug free and played perfectly the game itself is ridiculously stupid. Story, magic gameplay, magical weapons, its just more DAF crap from Bethesda.

Side Comment. Starfield is permanently shelved until the next generation console. A 1000 world game created by a developer that can manage to build a room without bugs and game breaking glitches. Hahah Not in my life time could Bethesda studios build a 1000 of anything that works. Hahah

My dream: Konami builds a post apocalyptic RPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans