Dev Center Benefits

goodbar_dev

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I suspect it to be very difficult to score anything but the "Explorer" rating in the Windows Phone store. I submitted, my most downloaded app, my most profitable app, and my highest rated app, and still sitting at the Explorer level. I thought I would share the apps I submitted, so we can have some basis of comparison.

Toddler Paint (412 ratings @ 4 stars): Toddler Paint | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Conference Calleague (95 ratings @ 4.5 stars): Conference Calleague | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Calendar Calleague (136 ratings @ 4 stars): Calendar Calleague | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

AkariUn

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I submitted to the program my MirrorCam App and I got Expert level :D (over 250K downloads and 600+ reviews @ 4.5 Stars on US)

pesti87

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I submitted my app with over 800 reviews and avg 4.8 rating, but still on Explorer level. Maybe number of downloads is a little too low, about 9000. It would help if they tell us what is the criteria.

runesel

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I just submitted my app - 275k downloads and 4k US reviews - I'll post what level they put me on when I'm evaluated.

Rune

Raximus

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I submitted my Good plan app, 650k downloads, 24 languages, and get to expert. But i didnt see now button to get master, so maybe its determined at review time.

labsii

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
I've submitted Share to Speech app, and got Explorer level. I am somewhat disappointed (and wrote that to them in email), as my app was just featured in the Windows Store & Windows Phone Store in many countries, was among top 10 paid US apps for 2 weeks in that period, is among Lenovo Windows Picks and many other things.

Obviously as it is paid app it can't compete in the number of downloads with free apps, but it has around 2500+ Windows Store downloads in the last 30 days and very good conversion rates...

Whatever I have lived without those benefits just feel that they are not doing this program right, and when I read the thread above, it seems that it confirms that. Hope that they will improve, as many devs will find offended if they label them as Explorer this way (I would if I wouldn't have very good corporation with Microsoft otherwise...).

diapers

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's tied to downloads. I only have 14k downloads and got expert. I do have a high star rating on the US store tho, something like 4.3 with 800+ reviews.

​Paid App.

Adarsh Urs

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Until I saw this thread yesterday, I wasn't aware of "Dev Center Benefits" program (I don't know how did I miss ). After I read the thread, I googled and found out everything about the program. As I already have an app in the store, I applied for the program. When I checked it today, I got MASTER and that was I expected :)

My app is VLC Mobile Remote, In most of the countries it has 4+ ratings with more than 8k reviews.

This is really a great program, thank you Microsoft, wpcentral and @goodbar_dev :)

eshy

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
It would be better if they just states the criteria but it does seem to be tied to the number of reviews an app has while still having 4+ stars

labsii

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
This might put a little more light, I've got official response on my feedback (obviously they apply the same crieteria to paid and free apps and that explains a lot):

Hello Ivan,
Thanks for your feedback, it is helpful as we consider changes for the program! We review apps using various criteria such as app performance (ex: downloads, etc), market relevance, and customer feedback. As your app grows please feel free resubmit.

Regards,

Dev Center Benefits Team

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs