Does anyone else flip their type cover around?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes I like using the Go as a tablet, but what I don't like is pressing keys while I have the type cover attached. I solved this by flipping the cover over and reattaching it. Sometimes I have to jiggle the cover a little so the pins firmly snap into place, however, I've been doing this for months with no noticeable hardware problems. It also creates a nice, smooth back to grip. Plus it's never cold so it always feels good against my bare skin. It was weird at first but now it's a comfortable way to use the Go as a tablet without having to completely detach the keyboard.

Insti Gator

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Not very often actually. I just prefer the tablet portion to be as light as possible (even though the type cover doesn't weigh much at all) it does add a little weight and thickness.

I always pull it off and just set it aside. I have done it on occasion though and always flip the cover so that I'm not touching the keys as you've described!

The weird thing with the Go is that the channel for the pins actually doesn't sit flush in this configuration. It will always have one end popped out of the groove. This is true for every Go I've ever seen. Kinda weird and makes me question how it got through QC.

gnirkatto

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I love the Go - however, thhe W10 tablet experience is still so bad, that I hardly ever detach the keyboard, and mostly use it as a little portable PC. Also - the keyboard & touch pad are so good, I hardly ever miss a 'real tablet'.
The only time I flip the keyboard is when drawing or taking handwritten notes in OneNote.

Insti Gator

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Totally agree! I didn't think W10 Tablet mode was all that bad...

Until I resurrected my Venue 8 Pro, WOW! I purposefully left the device on Win 8.1 b/c I remembered thinking I preferred W8 tablet mode and it TOTALLY blows away W10 tablet mode.

The animations, the gestures, the way apps interacted multitasking, so smooth and user-friendly! The browser was probably the best part! Full screen, no URL bar, no icons at the bottom, you get all the screen for content. And it had amazing gestures in-app for tab switching and favorites.

The only downside, is that I'm losing out on a lot of new Windows store apps, and W10 features like continuum, virtual desktops, notifications, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria