Does ANYONE know where I can get the "Windows Message" alert tone from Windows 10 Mobile?

Will G 44

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I don't know why this seems to be so hard to find, as I've searched the internet high and low for this, but I cannot find the default "Windows Message" alert tone from W10M. I really like that tone, and want to use it on my new phone (1+ 5T), but I can't seem to find it anywhere! I also don't know how I can extract it from my Lumia 950, or else I would do that. Can anyone help me out on this?

*Disclaimer: I was able to find the one used on Windows 10 proper, but even though they are similar to each other, they are not quite the same. I want the one that was used on the phones.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Does ANYONE know where I can get the "Windows Message" alert tone from Windows 10 Mobile?

The sms nudge tone? The one that dings when you are in the app?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Does ANYONE know where I can get the "Windows Message" alert tone from Windows 10 Mobile?

@Will G 44
If you give me more detail I can most likely get you that tone. I love the Windows Phone tones and have many of them that I use across any device. Even if I were using an iPhone :)

Will G 44

May 20, 2015
Visit site

I've been able to find that one as well, but they aren't the same as what the tones are on the phone. It's almost like the ones I've found that are from Windows 10 proper are slowed down, or lower toned versions of the one that was on the phones. I will have to pull out my lumia when I get home to double check, but I am almost positive that the tone is called "Windows Message", and it was the original default SMS alert tone on windows 10 mobile (not the nudge version while in the app).

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

I've been able to find that one as well, but they aren't the same as what the tones are on the phone. It's almost like the ones I've found that are from Windows 10 proper are slowed down, or lower toned versions of the one that was on the phones. I will have to pull out my lumia when I get home to double check, but I am almost positive that the tone is called "Windows Message", and it was the original default SMS alert tone on windows 10 mobile (not the nudge version while in the app).
If you find a link for that sound being played or if you can record it so I can hear it I'll get it for you as I'm pretty sure I have all of them or access to it and could find it.

Will G 44

May 20, 2015
Visit site

Definitely not from that time period. This tone came out with W10Mobile. It was what the new default message tone was changed to, simply called "Windows Message". Windows 10 proper eventually came out with a similar tone that was slowed down and at a lower tone than this one, but it's not the same. I can't understand for the life of me why this tone is absent from the internet. Here is a link to a sound recording.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag4UImPeo6021ak8ECG-okeD67Kv2g

Will G 44

May 20, 2015
Visit site

You are the MAN! I wonder why the name difference. Maybe it is a regional thing? Either way, thanks a bunch!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb