Don't kill Nokia brand

mmar1974

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm a MS fan and like all their products, including Windows Phone, I have a Lumia 925 and love it! but with the Nokia acquisition, I'm worried hey MS has announced they will kill the Nokia brand, not sure what you guys think but what gave some momentum to WP is the NOKIA NAME, so... Microsoft, don't kill the brand, do like Google that kept the Motorola brand. Nokia = Cellphones.

soloist_huaxin

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
They did license the Nokia brand from Nokia for at least the feature phones until end of 2015 I believe...but after that who knows. No matter what Microsoft will do, Nokia will always be remembered as a cellphone company to the majority of people.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The Nokia brand belongs to Nokia. Microsoft isn't killing any brand. Nokia still exists and is going to be a very solid company.

Microsoft is licensing the use of Nokia's brand name and will use it for Asha devices.

I'd love to still see the Nokia name on smartphones, but when all is said and done, it's just a label. The hardware is still being designed and built by the same people.

It's like if I liked you as long as you wore a shirt with an alligator on it. But one day you wear a shirt with a Nike swoosh on it instead. Otherwise the shirt is exactly the same. Now, I don't like you anymore. Sure, you're still exactly the same, but I'm just emotionally too attached to that label.

mmar1974

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
The Nokia brand belongs to Nokia. Microsoft isn't killing any brand. Nokia still exists and is going to be a very solid company.

Microsoft is licensing the use of Nokia's brand name and will use it for Asha devices.

I'd love to still see the Nokia name on smartphones, but when all is said and done, it's just a label. The hardware is still being designed and built by the same people.

It's like if I liked you as long as you wore a shirt with an alligator on it. But one day you wear a shirt with a Nike swoosh on it instead. Otherwise the shirt is exactly the same. Now, I don't like you anymore. Sure, you're still exactly the same, but I'm just emotionally too attached to that label.

Well, I'm not so sure about that... we live in a world of Brands and images, like Lance Armstron or Tiger Woods who destroyed their images... they are still the same guys but no one wants their stuff anymore... same for Nokia and I have to say that many many people are buying into to WP platform because of the Nokia brand... sorry but it is true... otherwise they would've been using WP all along, just because it is a better OS. but no! I think would be a really bad idea to kill the Nokia brand.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Well, I'm not so sure about that... we live in a world of Brands and images, like Lance Armstron or Tiger Woods who destroyed their images... they are still the same guys but no one wants their stuff anymore... same for Nokia and I have to say that many many people are buying into to WP platform because of the Nokia brand... sorry but it is true... otherwise they would've been using WP all along, just because it is a better OS. but no! I think would be a really bad idea to kill the Nokia brand.

Nokia is still pretty much an unknown in the US. It's only everywhere else in the world that people know it.

MS bought Nokia phone division. Nokia phones are no more, or soon to be no more. Let's move with times. It's a brand, not a life attachment. Way too much emotion in this. Either you like WP or you don't. A brand shouldn't dictate that.

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Not gonna happen in the near future. Remember Nokia is on a roll and stopping its momentum is like taking out Michael Jordan with two minutes left you trailing by 10pts and replacing him with Le bron : p

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Nokia doesn't want to sell phones right now.

If they did, they wouldn't have sold their phone making business.

You mean the Chinese junkyards that put the Lumia's together and the lousy engineering department that designs them... Nokia might be off better with a fresh start... and Android and maybe even WP. However, if MS can get turn the factories around to make stuff like the Surface Pro, then maybe they can become a more serious player.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos