Edge extension support on Android will give you a genuine reason to switch from Chrome, as long as Microsoft doesn't mess it up

GraniteStateColin

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Excellent: Dark Reader and uBlock Origin are two of my main extensions. I also use Feeder to provide a dropdown list of the last 50 Windows Central articles. :)

Getting rid of glaring white screens (Dark Reader) and ads on mobile (uBlock Origin) is HUGE. I realize not all users will jump to Edge for this, but this seems like just about the biggest feature MS could offer to help pull users from Chrome.

The only other extension I use regularly doesn't matter on mobile: RoboForm, because password managers already have their own apps and work OK (not as well as on PC) on mobile.

xenred

May 6, 2023
Visit site
Extensions would be great addition, but nothing new really considering Firefox on mobile does the same thing. But still useful addition.

They seriously needs to polish the app though especially UI department which is still feels beta. Switchinng tabs don't have animations, opening things like Collection feels out of place (likely web based), no bottom address bar option, using Edge spit with other apps on foldables or tablets are cramped, generally the UX just doesn't feel that enjoyable and fluid to use.

Sean Endicott

Staff member
Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Extensions would be great addition, but nothing new really considering Firefox on mobile does the same thing. But still useful addition.

They seriously needs to polish the app though especially UI department which is still feels beta. Switchinng tabs don't have animations, opening things like Collection feels out of place (likely web based), no bottom address bar option, using Edge spit with other apps on foldables or tablets are cramped, generally the UX just doesn't feel that enjoyable and fluid to use.
I know this is rich coming from someone who uses Edge mobile, but it seems like some people will just never use Firefox. I'm not sure why tbh as it's a good browser with plenty of features. I would guess that if Microsoft added full extension support, or even just a large library of nice approved extensions, that many would assume it was the first mobile browser to do so. A lot of people only know Chrome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria