Enabled the equalizer app on the X3?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
For those audiophile enthusiasts who missed the Equalizer app out there, I wanted to let you know that it is possible to install it and enable its features. I am still trying to understand how I exactly got it functioning because I tested this on the IDOL 4s and it did not work. So as soon as I isolate the exact way to get it working without hiccups and test the functionality, I will post a thread/guide for it. I just took a shot here of the X3.

Can say this much, is that I have been tinkering around with a Lumia 1520, and using registry keys from that phone in other phones like the Idol 4s and now the Elite X3. Doing this to test the capabilities of each device as I use them. Since I love certain features one and the others do not have them, I have been trying to things like this.

As you see from the pic it is listing Dolby enhancements...feature used in the EQ on the 1520.
WP_20170815_13_55_48_Rich_LI (2).jpg

Edit: The app opens and displays the functions but the functions and service are not operating and do not interact with the audio output. I will include the registry file that should enable the app to be installed and open successfully, but that is about all we can get from it. I cannot attach the audio.xap file here though. If someone else has any more suggestions of time to look at this it would be good to know if this service can actually be utilized on the X3. For what it is worth, the VLC app actually has a built in EQ, so if you do not mind using that app for playback it might be worth trying out.

Attachments

• NokiaAudoiEnhancements1520.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Enabled the equalizer app on the X3

Thanks for the tip!😊
Welp. It looks like I spoke to soon. Even though the app functionality loads it does not affect the sound output at all. So...I loaded the dll files, registry capabilities but the service is unable to work. The good part is that the app loads. Normally I would get nothing at all on the app page. I'll keep working to see how far I get with it though.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Welp. It looks like I spoke to soon. Even though the app functionality loads it does not affect the sound output at all. So...I loaded the dll files, registry capabilities but the service is unable to work. The good part is that the app loads. Normally I would get nothing at all on the app page. I'll keep working to see how far I get with it though.
Good luck! That would be awesome if you're able to find a way to make it work.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

is the sound bad from the x3 speaker?

Not too bad. It is great for phone calls. Not so much for music.

Anyway, sorry for the false hope on this. The app works, but it does not tie into the sound drivers/system services.

Mantisss

Oct 1, 2017
Visit site

For those audiophile enthusiasts who missed the Equalizer app out there, I wanted to let you know that it is possible to install it and enable its features. I am still trying to understand how I exactly got it functioning because I tested this on the IDOL 4s and it did not work. So as soon as I isolate the exact way to get it working without hiccups and test the functionality, I will post a thread/guide for it. I just took a shot here of the X3.

Can say this much, is that I have been tinkering around with a Lumia 1520, and using registry keys from that phone in other phones like the Idol 4s and now the Elite X3. Doing this to test the capabilities of each device as I use them. Since I love certain features one and the others do not have them, I have been trying to things like this.

As you see from the pic it is listing Dolby enhancements...feature used in the EQ on the 1520.
View attachment 137023

Hi can you share reg file to enable it?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

Hi can you share reg file to enable it?
I can but visually seeing and adjusting is all that you'll get. No output from the speakers or jack gets adjusted. Additionally the Equalizer app won't toggle between headphones and built in speakers when a jack is plugged in. You have to toggle it manually in the registry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers