Enabling LED Notification (Nokia 930)

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
you mean glance? tried that and even in peek mode it was enough "on" time to keep my pocket burning

You actually got Glance working on the 930?

Has anyone enabled the LED notifications on they phone?

How did it go?

What does it even look like?

Anyone care to share?

Thanks,

Mr. V

I have only enabled LED notifications on the Lumi 830 (Capacitive Home button flashes), and the Elite X3 (blue LED notification light). I would suspect that the Home button flashes like the 830 since I believe there is no LED hw present on the 930.

Last edited by a moderator:

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
You actually got Glance working on the 930?

"working" not really, the whole point of glance is having basic on-screen info without killing the battery

but yes, kinda, same way as you can force it to work on older x20 devices after AU builds, also double tap to wake which actually works perfectly as intended, same as on 930

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
"working" not really, the whole point of glance is having basic on-screen info without killing the battery

but yes, kinda, same way as you can force it to work on older x20 devices after AU builds, also double tap to wake which actually works perfectly as intended, same as on 930

Interesting. What directions did you use for Glance on the 930?

I spent lots of time finding out what services, capabilities, secure privelages the Glance app uses in attempts to enable it on devices like the Lumia Icon/930 and others. But I never got it to actually work right.

Also dbltap does work on the 930 but if I enable it on the 929 I would lose touch on the whole screen completely.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. What directions did you use for Glance on the 930?

I spent lots of time finding out what services, capabilities, secure privelages the Glance app uses in attempts to enable it on devices like the Lumia Icon/930 and others. But I never got it to actually work right.

Also dbltap does work on the 930 but if I enable it on the 929 I would lose touch on the whole screen completely.

just reinstalling the registries found on my 928 and copying over the files, then you install the latest glance app and let it update, it will show up under "extras"

I saw a guy doing it on the 630 so I thought wth I just did it on the 928 after getting AU so rinse and repeat

https://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10-mobile/tutorial-restore-glance-windows-10-t3540571

its weird that DTTW issue you report actually happens to my 928 when I swype from hard left-right while viewing photos, after locking and unlocking the phone just wont respond to touch anymore, doesnt happen with DTTW disabled

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
just reinstalling the registries found on my 928 and copying over the files, then you install the latest glance app and let it update, it will show up under "extras"

I saw a guy doing it on the 630 so I thought wth I just did it on the 928 after getting AU so rinse and repeat

https://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10-mobile/tutorial-restore-glance-windows-10-t3540571

its weird that DTTW issue you report actually happens to my 928 when I swype from hard left-right while viewing photos, after locking and unlocking the phone just wont respond to touch anymore, doesnt happen with DTTW disabled

Thanks. Ya the dttw thing I think has to do with static code in the phones or drivers/fw they have already ready to support it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb