Evrything I need still works on our Nokia 920 and 930 but for how long ??

Mangizmo

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Still completely happy using Windows phone, my wife uses a Nokia 920 and I have a 930, both phones still do everything we need just fine, we both use Whatsapp frequently and still functions same as ever even on the older OS on the 920, how long can we expect to be able to keep these phones as there is no reason to change at all at the moment:smile:

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Who knows? I don't think anyone can give you a good answer on this. Keep using them until they don't work for you!

Is the 920 running W10M or WP8.1? As far as we know now, W10M will continue to get support from Microsoft until sometime next year. However, I don't think this has anything to do with functionality. It is pretty much security updates. Functionality is in the hands of the app developers, including Microsoft where applicable.

Mangizmo

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
The 920 is running WP8.1, my 930 is on W10M my wife doesn't want me to change anything so I have left it at that, and as things stand, there is not a single thing I wish I could do that I am unable to do on my Nokia 930

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
The 920 is running WP8.1, my 930 is on W10M my wife doesn't want me to change anything so I have left it at that, and as things stand, there is not a single thing I wish I could do that I am unable to do on my Nokia 930
, I am sort off in the same boat with WP10. I guess at least till end 2019 and most likely longer, but it will probably depend the most on how long whatsapp will keep working / get supported. Also does WP8.1 still even get updates for whatsapp? I thought only WP10 got updates for it but maybe that's wrong.

Mangizmo

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
, I am sort off in the same boat with WP10. I guess at least till end 2019 and most likely longer, but it will probably depend the most on how long whatsapp will keep working / get supported. Also does WP8.1 still even get updates for whatsapp? I thought only WP10 got updates for it but maybe that's wrong.

Not sure, all I can say is that it is still working on the 920 just fine, not sure about updates, but I could probably live without Whatsapp, there must be an alternative ? BUT I am tempted by one of these, I had a Psion in the 1990s and this is the successor https://www.planetcom.co.uk/

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Not sure, all I can say is that it is still working on the 920 just fine, not sure about updates, but I could probably live without Whatsapp, there must be an alternative ? BUT I am tempted by one of these, I had a Psion in the 1990s and this is the successor https://www.planetcom.co.uk/
, funny device, though wouldn't you prefer a blackberry like the key2? Keyboard and screen are smaller but it's more compact, great battery life, you will get long security updates (don't know if Psion has that too) and the keyboard does get lots of positive feedback from blackberry vets (with shortcuts and easy scrolling to autocorrect words etc).

smartblu

Oct 9, 2018
Visit site
Excellent question ! I got a tremendous Lumia 930, upgraded it up to W10M "FCU" (1709). But what if MS stops the "Application Stores" servers in 2020 ??? When I reset it, I noticed that ALMOST ALL apps are seriously updated. Should I grab the "appxbundle" of the newest version of these app for reinstalling them manually after resetting ???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2