fan at full speed in windows 10

skt_diaz

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Screenshot (6).png

the topmost process keeps my fan running at full speed. when I end task this "runtime broker" everything goes back to normal. it keeps coming back everytime I turn on my computer from hibernate. does anyone know what this is?

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Head in to settings and click on Notifications and actions and turn off "Show me tips about Windows".

Is it a Surface Pro of any version by any chance as I have only seen this affect on the Surface Pro range.

Dave47

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I suggest a search of "Windows 10 battery drain". You'll find many comments and "solutions". I quoted solutions because what works for some does not for others. For example, I don't think simply turning off "Show me Tips about Windows" will fix the problem (no offense).

I understand MS and Intel are aware of this issue and IMO best thing to do is wait for the solution. By all means - try this and try that - but don't expect the results you seek.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
No offence taken, but it worked for me (Surface Pro 3) my wife (Surface Pro) and the others who responded to the post about a week or so ago, so given it will take the OP just a few seconds to try, I reckon it's worth him doing it, he can always turn it back on if for any reason he needs to.

From what I can see, an awful lot of these overheating problems are caused by a few system files going into overdrive, if there is an easy way to turn these off (And it is very easy in the Runtime Broker one it is super easy) then it makes sense to do it before the device gets burnt out.

skt_diaz

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Head in to settings and click on Notifications and actions and turn off "Show me tips about Windows".

Is it a Surface Pro of any version by any chance as I have only seen this affect on the Surface Pro range.
I will try this as soon as possible

skt_diaz

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site

it worked, thank you.
i am using win 10 on an old dell laptop

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aisi