(fixed) Windows Phone bluetooth: pc recognized as audio device?

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I am trying to pair my new laptop with my Lumia phone (Windows Phone 10), the pairing itself works but on my Lumia phone the laptop is recognized as a bluetooth audio device. As a result I cannot send images from my phone the laptop. How to solve this bug with Windows Phone?

Thanks in advance!

extra info:
laptop: Envy x360 15 (2018).
phone: lumia 950 xl

Last edited:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone bluetooth: pc recognized as audio device?

, never mind it fixed itself lol (not sure why, perhaps it required a restart or such).
OneDrive is great but I don't want to put to much work files on it.

Windows 1O has intermittent issues with the generic plug and play bluetooth drivers as some days they'll work and some days they will cease to function entirely remaining stuck with the yellow exclamation mark - with the usual error code being 43 - "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)".

This is especially true if you're using cheap unbranded bluetooth adapters with obscure chipsets.

The only way round it at present is to use a bluetooth adapter with either an atheros or broadcom chipset. BUT even then you'll still have issues due to the finicky way W10 handles bluetooth.

Microsoft seriously needs to rehire the QA team and programmatic testers.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site

Yeah that could be it, I was also thinking of a bug with windows phone.

Microsoft seriously needs to rehire the QA team and programmatic testers.
, yeah sounds like they need more testers that are very good in debugging too (giving the programmers as much as time for writing/changing code). Considering the big amount of feedback / known issues from feedback sources like e.g. the win10 feedback app, they must know about it but perhaps dont have the manpower to solve it and/or they find it to expensive to solve.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

Yeah that could be it, I was also thinking of a bug with windows phone.

, yeah sounds like they need more testers that are very good in debugging too (giving the programmers as much as time for writing/changing code). Considering the big amount of feedback / known issues from feedback sources like e.g. the win10 feedback app, they must know about it but perhaps dont have the manpower to solve it and/or they find it to expensive to solve.

I thought MS didn't actually have any testers? Chances are, sadly, MS are probably too lazy to do anything about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos