Free charging plate with $49.99 Lumia 920 from Black Friday?

m_kock

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone who picked up a Lumia 920 at a corporate store on Black Friday got a free wireless charging plate?

Yesterday, I drove to my closest corporate store and asked the sales team if I could purchase a Lumia 920 for $49.99; I had seen the email for the Black Friday deal. They then looked at me like I had four heads, went to their manager, and after about 10 minutes stated that they had not heard of any such deal. I then showed them the email I had received and sure enough they went to go talk to their manager again. They then told me that they would honor the promotion, rather grudgingly, and grabbed a device from the back. While they were setting it up, they asked if I could email them the promotion, which I did, and then they printed it out; I'm assuming for future cases. After inserting my SIM card into the new Lumia, I asked them about the free wireless charging plate; they had signs everywhere for it. The sales woman stated that she'd order it for me, but after trying she said that Nokia wouldn't honor the promotion since it was purchased at $49.99. I asked if I could call customer service after to see if they could honor it, and she said that might work.

Later that day, I called customer service and they told me that they couldn't order it for me, only the store I bought it from could. Does this mean that anyone that purchased the device at $49.99 on Black Friday will not be getting a charging plate? Should I try calling Nokia, or did my store make a mistake? I can't blame the sales team for following what their manager told them to do, but I feel like they didn't honor the promotion simply because I made them follow the sale that they didn't know about or didn't want to honor.

Thoughts or is this the promotion?

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I see you are from Boston. Technically, MA (or any of the New England states, for that matter) doesn't have this deal. The $49 is only for select states. Stupid, I know, but what can I say. I did have success buying the phone for the $100 and using the online chat with an AT&T rep later, who credited $50 towards my next bill. Good enough for me. Same difference, in the long run. I was also able to call AT&T and get the charging plate.

Here is a link to a thread I started (in case you want more info). I would say my awesome luck is not typical, but it is proof that it is possible.

m_kock

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so much for the info, I didn't realize the $49.99 deal wasn't applicable in Massachusetts. I guess I can just keep trying to call AT&T.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks so much for the info, I didn't realize the $49.99 deal wasn't applicable in Massachusetts. I guess I can just keep trying to call AT&T.
You're very welcome. I did the chat thing the day the offer went live. The rep hadn't heard of it, but it seems he found it doing some "research"; he likely didn't read the fine print, which I also was not aware of at the time of contact. I still don't really see why AT&T has chosen to do the $49.99 offer in only those select states, and we will likely never know. I would try calling though. There is a thread here somewhere where people post about their successes and failures. Most people had luck after 1-2 calls. The worst I read is a guy having no luck after 12. YMMV. Good luck!

anon(2255)

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Considering AT&T gave me the phone for free AND I got the charging plate as well, I think they're BSing you about the $50 price and not honoring the charging plate. Then again, we all know 95% of the store reps don't know what's going on with the rest of the company.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett