Freezing and replacement

windows_victim

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
I have had three lumuas and grown to love being an anti-smartphone drone with Windows. Then I got a Lumia 650, my first with Windows 10 and it has been an absolute nightmare to say the least. Initially it worked fine but then I did the anniversary update which is suppose to fix the initial bugs. Ever since then the phone freezes whenever I am on the phone and I receive a text message. So a dozen or so times a day I have to do a hard reboot. I have restored the phone a couple a times to no effect and Microsoft's B2K support vendor wasn't able to resolve the problem either. The did a more extensive factory restore using my laptop and Windows tool app.

Because 7 days had passed (7 days is the exchange period, clearly they know this phones is a problem and don't really want to stand behind them) they only resolution available is to send them my phone, leaving me without one and I use it for work, with no expectation of how long a turnaround this will take. This of course is unacceptable. Has anyone overcome this issue without sending off their phone for warranty repair?

Second, while the entry level Lumia as it had always been sufficient. Now I just purchased a Surface Pro 4 for work over the iPad just because it worked seamlessly. With Windows abandoning the Lumia line I decided to upgrade to the Acer Liquid Jade Primo over the 950 XL. Windows had price drops of both for just $299 during the holidays but have raised both back up to $499. The thing is it seems silly to spend $499 for $299 phone. How long would one typically expect to have to wait on Microsoft based on previous trends to reasonably expect to wait for the next sale? I may have to just switch to Android and call it a day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon