GeForce 7100 Windows 10 Drivers

Scott Bradley

May 1, 2014
Visit site
So my test box has on-board video in the GeForce 7100 series. I have installed the GeForce drivers meant for the later model cards - 353.30 - WHQL, but it has caused me problems. (I believe it was the source of my Ram Disk upgrade errors)

So I am sticking with the default video drivers for now. Once this RTM's I will probably just go out and purchase a new video card, but this was originally a Windows 7 Dell desktop that passes the compatibility test.

It seems like we may see some update pain if the video drivers don't exist.

Anyone else have trouble finding video drivers for your test machines?

Japser

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
It seems like many manufacturers aren't releasing their Windows 10 drivers before July 29. Some have released beta drivers though (I don't know about Nvidia).

Scott Bradley

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Nvidia did, but only for the modern cards - the GTX series. Unfortunately, that doesn't include the very common on-board video used in all the mid range Dell model PC's - about 4 years old. They did produce a GeForce 7100 WHQL driver for Windows 8, so maybe it is coming.

If not, I will simply upgrade the video card, but it is something to watch for...

NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Windows 10 Driver WHQL

Shaka Zulu1

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
What you can do is get the driver that you use before. For example i get mine from HP site for my pc model. When you run the file
it will appear a message "Please press "YES" to proceed with the update".
So before you press the button you go to C:\Users\{you user}\AppData\Local\Temp\ and you will find a folder with the name pftDFD2.tmp or something like that. After you enter in the source you eill find a zip file.
Click on it and unzip the file to a temporary folder.
After you go the Device manager -> display adapters and click with the right button on it and choose "Update Driver Software".
Then you choose "Browse my computer for driver software and you choose the temporary folder that you create previously ans then if it's like the windows will detect the NVIDIA GeForce 7100 and install the drivers

Best regards
Pedro

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss