GPS on Waze Not Working Since Last Night's Update

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I am running Windows Mobile 10 my L950. Had an update this week which was installed last evening. Phone restarted on its own to complete the update. Now, Waze can't get any GPS data, which makes it not useful at all of course. Runtastic has not been launching since an update in August, which I read somewhere was a GPS issue, but not sure on that.

Anyone else having GPS issues with Waze? GPS seems to be working in Maps.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I had an experience with Waze recently on my iPad that may be related. I have an iPad 2017 LTE, and while I was a passenger a few days ago I decided to use Waze. The app was installed on my iPad already, but I don't believe I had ever opened it before.

When I would try to open it, a message would appear that Waze could not establish a data connection and would close. I had data. Other apps using data worked. I could not get past that message.

Finally, I searched online for a solution. I found a thread where someone said they figured out that data for Waze was turned off on their iPad. I went into Settings and checked the apps' permissions to use data. Sure enough, that was it! I enabled data for Waze, and it worked perfectly. Evidently Waze's access to data was turned off by default.

OP, is there something in Settings not turned on, similar to what happened to me?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs