Greetings from the Sunshine State (Florida, USA)

osallent

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Greetings from Miami. I have been a smart phone user since 2010. My first one was an Iphone. I'm not going to lie, it was great, but when it came time to replace it I didn't feel like paying Apple pricing again for another phone, so I jumped on the Android bandwagon. After two years of experiencing the best Android had to offer (malware, virus-laden apps, junk apps, Google's incessant demands to know everything about me, etc), I was considering returning to Apple's grasp, when browsing through the cell phone store I ran into something called "Windows Phone." I asked the phone salesperson what this "Windows Phone" was all about, and the reply was "Who the heck want's a Windows Phone? Let me show you the latest Android or Iphone." Undeterred, I insisted he tell me about Window's Phone, at which point he confessed that he didn't really know much about it as the store is more interested in selling Iphones and Samsung phones.

I noticed the Nokia 520 model, and for $99 I thought it was worth the risk of checking out what this "Windows Phone" was all about. If it sucked, no big deal, it was only $99. The salesperson tried to dissuade me from buying it, but I went ahead and got it. And let me tell you, I fell in love with my cheapo Windows Phone. I loved the way it looked and the way it performed. I loved it so much that I just bough me the new Nokia Lumia 635 with Windows 8.1, and retired my Nokia 520 despite only using it for 5 months.

When I went to buy the Nokia Lumia 635, it was the same story. The staff at the phone store tried to discourage me from buying it and tried to get me to go for one variant or another of the Samsung line. However, as the saying goes: "Once you Go Windows, you never Go back." So despite their many attempts to push me towards an Android, I held my head high and demanded my Windows 8.1 phone, and walked out of there with the phone I wanted.

Screen shot of my Windows 8.1 phone
wp_ss_20140721_0001.jpg wp_ss_20140721_0002.jpg wp_ss_20140721_0003.jpg

Last edited:

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the WPCentral forums. I'm glad you decided to push through and continue to try out Windows Phone. I hope it meets your expectations. Nice screenshots too :)

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome aboard ⚓ Great story that I heard many times over, they don't know what they're missing. Away glad your liking your 635 (smile)

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome and the 635 is a solid device at the price point it is sold at. The best thing about WP is that it runs really well even on low end devices, something you can never say about Android. Oh and iOS does not like dealing with anything that will sell for $100 so...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk