Groove does not show album/artist anymore

ElManuEl

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi there

today I wanted to add a song to my music collection. While Groove successfully added it, it could not show the album title or artist (despite correct tags). Thus, I reset the Groove app and hoped that starting over would solve the problem. Not so. Groove added my complete music collection (all music files) but does not show any album titles or artists anymore (only "unknown album" and "unknown artist"). Great. It seems that the app does not recognize metadata anymore.

I have the latest version of Win 10 (April Update) and the latest version of Groove. Can anybody help? Or do I need to what for an update of Groove?

thank you
Manuel

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
Just heard Groove is being removed from Apple and Android stores on June 1st and retired on Dec 1st. I used to use it on my Windows Phone and now use it on my android phone. Disappointing.. It was actually a good app for accessing onedrive music library on different platforms. To your question, I have had similar problems where some artist / album art was not shown, but never titles and artists. I wouldn't hold my breath on any solution or improvements from MS.

NYCMetsPDX

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
It seems to be hit and miss for me. Out of my last three uploaded albums two worked like a champ, one has exactly the same problems you mentioned (Albums uploaded two weeks ago, can't remember when the last update was exactly). Hopefully it gets fixed, but no it's not just you!

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm mostly using Spotify Premium now, but do still like Groove, especially in my car. On both my Lumia 950 and my Win 10-ed Suface Pro 2, Groove works flawlessly and with album art and artist images -which Spotify still can't match: does anyone, BTW?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05