Has anyone gotten a update on shipping status/tracking #?

Joshua Fisher2

Sep 8, 2020
Visit site
Please giving me some hope here!!:crying::crying::crying: They are saying not shipping until release date!! Whats the point of pre-ordering just to have to wait until next week to get it after the release date?!?!? Microsoft customer service sucks you know what!!! They acted like they did not even know about the device being release. Must have been out of states but still.:eck::eck::eck:

alodar101

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Please giving me some hope here!!:crying::crying::crying: They are saying not shipping until release date!! Whats the point of pre-ordering just to have to wait until next week to get it after the release date?!?!? Microsoft customer service sucks you know what!!! They acted like they did not even know about the device being release. Must have been out of states but still.:eck::eck::eck:

Who is they?

My experience with surface... and that's at least 1 per year.? Sometimes 2... puts it in my hands on Thursday. I've pre-ordered every device and they Habs never missed a Release day. Don't call support.? They do not know.

Most of my preordered surfaces arrive before I get shipping confirmation.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I admit I'm kinda fidgety on this for different reasons.... I put the thing on my debit card (for which I had to arrange with the bank previously), and while they authorized it right away, they didn't debit the money immediately. My bank is a little on the paranoid side (which probably isn't a bad thing). So now I'm worried it'll fail and I'll lose my place in "line", whatever that is.

Here's hoping my preorder stays a preorder.

brau0303

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Well, I have no past exp with pre-ordering any Surface branded products, I know my past several Note's all arrived early. I guess everyone manages the process their own way. Only time will tell how this will play out.. All I can say is the waiting is hard. :)

Cheers,
BR

brau0303

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone here order through AT&T? Still saying order in progress with a delivery date on the 10th.

I ordered from AT&T, I have a tracking # FedEx (Label Created) status. Shows as expected del 09/10.

**Update** It looks like these are going out (at least the FedEx ones) "Standard Overnight" rather than the normal 2 day service.

Cheers,
BR

Last edited:

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I ordered from AT&T, I have a tracking # FedEx (Label Created) status. Shows as expected del 09/10.

I have never preordered from AT&T specifically, but I have preordered in the past. It is not uncommon for a shipping label to be created early, or even on time when the product will be late. It'll show up in tracking as being created with a projected delivery date, but of course the delivery is dependent on when it actually ships.

Another note here: over the years I have preordered a few items. I have followed the release of many more. Besides maybe the iPhone releases, almost none pull off perfectly. I remember specifically when Google dropped the Nexus 4 in November 2012. I was one of the preorderers. The forums were filled with trash talking when the original shipment did not go as smoothly as hoped. There was even a forum where people were posting the minute they placed the order, and comparing it to when the shipping labels were showing up in the system. This of course was followed with comments like, "I submitted my order 7 minutes before you did, but my shipping label is not yet active, and yours is! I'm never buying a Nexus phone again! I'm switching to iPhone (or Samsung Galaxy S?, or this, or that, anything but Nexus!)."

While this thread isn't toxic like that, I say "Relax everyone!" We've been waiting for the Surface Phone for 5(?) years! Is another day or two really going to hurt? Distribution is a huge undertaking. Only Apple, and maybe Samsung, do this year after year and have become proficient at it. Microsoft, as well as most other tech companies, are not experts at logistics related to distributions, much of which is out of their hands anyway. Yes, they are the largest corporations on Earth, but they still have weak spots. Hang on; it'll arrive!

brau0303

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Well, I can only speak for myself. I am excited whenever I have a new device inbound and the waiting is always challenging.
I know others feel similarly. We come here and cheer each other on and up during this time. we share in the excitement and the wait.
I really did not expect to see much change during the wee hours but often in the moving and shaking of large supply chain
and other businesses some of the most interesting stuff happens while we are sleeping.

Cheers,
BR

Dan12R

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I received an email this morning that my order has shipped and I have a FedEx tracking number. It's showing an estimated delivery of tomorrow. Travel history just shows that the shipment has been created. FedEx hasn't gotten a hold of it yet. But with the way shipping works, given that they're showing a delivery date of tomorrow, as long as FedEx gets it in their hands today, it'll be here tomorrow. And given that it's still early in the day, I'm not surprised that it hasn't been picked up yet.

This track record is a large part of why I ordered through the Microsoft Store and not Best Buy. The Bing rewards points are another big reason. I should get a tidy sum for that purchase.

Also, for what it's worth, I've pre-ordered plenty of stuff from the Microsoft Store. They've never failed to get me the item on launch day. Some times it does take an interesting route. I believe they shipped me the Band 2 right from the factory in China. Still arrived on launch day when it had to deal with customs. Xbox One X also arrived on launch day but from a US distribution location. It looks like my Surface Duo is coming from a US distribution location.

They do tend to go with next day air (NDA) for pre-orders. I'm not sure if it's because they're worried some people may accidentally get their items before launch day if they didn't or why that is. But it is what it is and as a result, I should get my device tomorrow.

Last edited:

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so it's looking like the people who already were charged are on AT&T. I'll keep an eye on my bank account later tonight then.

alodar101

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
for those still waiting... check your status online. had the ability to cancel gone away? if so.. them it's in shipping it behind.

several people have mentioned this... with surface shipments, they are usually 12-24 hours behind in notifications. fedex notifications often times appear just before delivery. in some cases.. after. if your credit card had been charged, it usually means it's on the ground at the shipper, in the US. Your card most likely will not be charged while still in China.

for the last 5 years, and 8 surfaces, for me... the trigger has been the removal of the cancel option

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Ordered the 256 Gb model through AT&T. Still no change in order. Still says "In Progress". A member over at XDA said he called AT&T about his order, which was the same as mine, and was told that the 256Gb model was on back order through AT&T. Just cancelled my order. I'll just wait for the reviews to hit and revisit buying one later. I hope everybody gets theres on time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea