Headphone - Speaker problem

Russell Coover

Sep 2, 2019
Visit site
I just purchased a used Surface Pro 6 (i7, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB HD), completely reset it (running Win 10 Pro Build 19041.329 and I've found that in order to use headphones I must disable the speakers. Plugging the headphone into it's port does nothing until the speakers are disabled. And then if I want to listen to the speakers, I have to disable to headphones. It's a pain in the bottom. I found a post on another forum where a guy had the same problem, went to the place he had purchased the Surface Pro (I assume a Microsoft Store) and they updated a driver to fix the problem.

Unfortunately, the closest Microsoft Store is about 2 hours away from my home, through heavy, frequently slow or stopped traffic, so i hesitate to go that route even though the warrantee on the machine does not expire until 21 September 2020.

Windows Update does not update any drivers at this time. Drivers shown in the Device manager seem up to date (version 10.0.19041.1 dated 12/6/2019). Any ideas on where I can get the driver that (apparently) fixed the problem? Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozis