Hello Guys. Can't believe I never really went to this part of Mobile Nations before.

chanchan05

Nov 21, 2018
Visit site
LOL. Long time poster in Android Central, long time Windows user, since like I started learning PC's when I was a kid in the 90s. I was able to see the tail end of DOS and play Puttputt and remember the time we had to launch Win 3.1 from DOS.
Anyway I used to be all over the place, account here, account there, all living on my Android (I've had Android since the OG Galaxy S) until everything started for me that I am need to get out of free services and being spread out and just consolidate everything and pay for it LOL. So I ended up deciding to go Microsoft for everything possible. I mean I love OneNote, and for the same price as the other clouds, I get the newest Office too.
So I'll probably pop by now and then to ask questions if I need to. I can probably help out on Android concerns (I'm on the Q&A Team on Android Central).
Cheers. :D

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Windows Central. You probably have seen me, since I'm a mod at Android Central as well as at Windows Central. Although I have been using Android phones and tablets since March 2015, I'm a longtime desktop Windows user.

It's great to see you here, and please feel welcome to ask any questions you might have and to assist other members with any issues they might have.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
LOL. Long time poster in Android Central, long time Windows user, since like I started learning PC's when I was a kid in the 90s. I was able to see the tail end of DOS and play Puttputt and remember the time we had to launch Win 3.1 from DOS.
Anyway I used to be all over the place, account here, account there, all living on my Android (I've had Android since the OG Galaxy S) until everything started for me that I am need to get out of free services and being spread out and just consolidate everything and pay for it LOL. So I ended up deciding to go Microsoft for everything possible. I mean I love OneNote, and for the same price as the other clouds, I get the newest Office too.
So I'll probably pop by now and then to ask questions if I need to. I can probably help out on Android concerns (I'm on the Q&A Team on Android Central).

Great stuff! Welcome aboard.
Ya Microsoft is doing some interesting things in this current era. I don't think I will ever be bored from looking for news, break throughs, etc as between them, Samsung, Google, and Apple there's a healthy amount of innovation every day being released.

In the 80's I remember using a PC that was DOS only, but that was because my dad gave us PC to just use during the summers when we were bored. We figured out how to load and run Lunar Lander but that was as far as we got. I did use and service a PC for a customer one time running Windows 3.1 more than 10 years ago which was crazy to see because of how far it had come up to at that time. Was cool just to see the PC still boot up.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Howdy there and welcome to WC!

qbenguy

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site

Welcome! I'm a long time Windows user, and my current everyday device is a Nokia Lumia 925. It's been five years, and although it still works I've been considering upgrading to a Lumia 950. Recently another user who switched over to Android turned me on to the Essential phone. It looks pretty good, and I really like that there isn't any bloatware. Curious to get your feedback on the Essential phone. Thanks!

chanchan05

Nov 21, 2018
Visit site
Welcome! I'm a long time Windows user, and my current everyday device is a Nokia Lumia 925. It's been five years, and although it still works I've been considering upgrading to a Lumia 950. Recently another user who switched over to Android turned me on to the Essential phone. It looks pretty good, and I really like that there isn't any bloatware. Curious to get your feedback on the Essential phone. Thanks!
Personally I prefer Samsung's over so called bloatware free builds. It's quite often that I see people asking if there are certain features they want and they find out they need root for it or something on their phones, but I've been using it for years on my Samsungs.
Yeah sure bloat free. Also means barebones with nearly no features that are useful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention