Help getting Netflix running at 4K on Windows 10 machine.

Johnesbin

Mar 20, 2019
Visit site
Hey guys! I'm trying to get Netflix running on my PC at 4K. My specs are as follows:

Ryzen 7 2700X

1080TI

4K monitor with HDCP 2.2 "certification". Here is the monitor in question. I'm using the stock DisplayPort cable that came with the monitor. I also have secondary monitor hooked through displayport (NOT 4k, 1080p 144hz over displayport. I'd guess it isn't HDCP 2.2.)

Windows 10 Home edition.

Netflix runs at 1080p exclusively. I've also run this "cyberlink ultra HD blu ray advisor" software, and it reports these results. I'd appreciate any help!

SOLVED! The solution, in my case, was to unplug my second monitor (which is not compliant with Netflix requirements) and connect the 4k monitor to my graphics card (10 series invidia or higher, not sure for AMD.) via an HDMI cable. Display port didn't work for me, unfortunately. You can ONLY get 4k on Edge Browser or the netflix application on Windows 10. You can hit ctrl shift alt Q to show your stats and see if you're truly pulling 4K.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I was curious if the cable had something to do with it. I was honestly thinking the DisplayPort cable wasn't rated for 4K.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes