Help me get votes to integrate Cortana notifications on the Xbox One

x7sage7x

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Made an 'idea' on the Xbox Feedback forums titled: 'Windows Phone Notifications via Cortana'. Really want to get this idea off of the ground but need a good amount of signatures for it to take off.

Link: https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/3...04452-windows-phone-notifications-via-cortana

Info in 'idea': 'Currently (06/06/2016) users are able to receive phone call notifications (with and optional ignore command) and text messages notifications (with an optional reply command) on Windows 10 via Cortana from their Windows Phone (10). Once Cortana is integrated in the Summer Update, would like to see this integrated in the following update. Especially now that Xbox One users can purchase a chat pad, having the option to reply to a text would be seamless.

Would also like to see Kinect voice commands follow such as: "Xbox (or Cortana) ignore that (or call)", "Xbox (or Cortana) reply to that" (thus prompting the Xbox OS keyboard).

As you know, Cortana is what currently 'connects' Windows 10 devices providing a somewhat universal environment much like Apples iCloud account which allows iPhone users to receive texts/calls on their Macs. Microsoft is pushing for a more universal experience compared to what is currently available, but this feature would put us on the edge of Windows device connectivity for the time being.

P.S. Now that I think about it, I don't see why this feature could not be integrated in the Summer Update.'

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Where do I vote to keep Cortana as far away from my Xbox as humanly possible? I don't need it triggering my phone and Xbox together. I don't want it learning my searches and targeting ads at me for it. I don't want it at all. I want background music, not an invasion of privacy packaged as "convenience." I know the current setup's not exactly a paragon of privacy, but it's not AS data collection-hungry as the Cortana route, which will ship out everything you say to it to Microsoft's servers.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Have no need of craptana on my Xbox, that will be getting turned off not least because voice control has already been deprecated and this is just another "windows 10 is great" feature.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Have no need of craptana on my Xbox, that will be getting turned off not least because voice control has already been deprecated and this is just another "windows 10 is great" feature.

Thank you for the most useful comment of 2016. Please hold any submissions from this point on. Thank you!

By all means, OP, as long as Cortana does it, then the Xbox will. So if you can get it so Cortana can do it, then it'll tickle down to the Xbox.

Pretty much, get Microsoft to get Cortana to do it, and you'll be set.

x7sage7x

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Cortana is already an official part of the Summer Update (as stated in my original post from my original 'idea'). The 'idea' that I linked is something thats more granular in the sense that since Cortana will already be integrated, would like to also have the option to enable Cortanas functionality on the Xbox, such as phone call notifications and text messages.

BTW, you can turn off Curtanas notifications on your Windows 10 devices, I can provide instructions if you need. So if you don't want notifications on your Xbox One, just turn off the option.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sajjad1122