Help setting up kids XBox

Camaroon

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi all. I currently have an XBox that is signed in to my own Microsoft account with a gamepass subscription. My kids use it to play whenever they're here and everything they do is recorded to my username. For their birthdays, their mom is getting them their own XBox for her place so I'm curious about the best way to get it set up, and about a couple of other things.

- They both have their own outlook.com addresses. Should I use one of theirs as the primary account, or use mine and add them as users? I'm asking this out of pure curiosity on how other people manage their kid accounts properly. Mine are just about 11 and 8.
- Is there any way to share my gamepass subscription with them? I've done some research on this and it seems like the only way to do this is to sign in with my account and make their console my "home" console, but was curious if there was a simpler, more official way.
- As a follow up that one, I don't really play any games so if I decided that I wanted them to have the gamepass on their console instead of mine, is there any way to give it to them while still being signed up for it under my account?
- If we buy a game for them, will they both be able to use it under their own user accounts?
- Is there any way to transfer the progress they've made under my account to theirs so they don't have to start over again?

Thank you in advance for any guidance!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism