Here maps update not working

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Got a notification from Here+ yesterday that there were map updates available. Dismissed the notification as I was out and about but later at home when back on my home wi-fi went into

Settings->Applications->Maps-> Check for updates

but get the message

Can't connect: We can't reach the maps library at the moment. Make sure ... yada ... yada

Is this a temporary fault at the server end or a by product for reduced support for Here maps?

In the end I deleted the UK maps I had and re-downloaded them (after checking that I could download the Ireland maps) which *did* work which seems to indicate that the server itself is fine it is the update process which is broken.

This is on a Lumia 820 running WM 8.1.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Lol when reading the title I immediately wondered if you were still on 8.0/8.1. According to your test the servers are fine. Check if location/time/date and region are correct and try again. I stopped using Here maps some time ago so that's about as much as I can offer

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I still use my old Garmin Streetpilot for long trips mainly for the ETA and the maps on that last updated in 2009 so Here+ is handy for the last mile if need be. Not sure why location/time/date/ region would be a factor, in any case they have never changed since 2013 and have had several succesful map updates since then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720