How can I _completely_ turn off message sounds?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Question
Applies to Mobile Devices Microsoft Lumia and Nokia Lumia Settings 600-series
Message sounds

ORorodyr asked on December 10, 2015See post history
Hi,
My problem is the following: I send and receive many text messages during the day, so I always disable the message notification sounds on my phones. I did this with my newly purchased Lumia 630, too. Problem is, I still get sound notifications if a message arrives while I am inside the messaging app (say, I'm writing a text and I get a text from someone). When I'm not in the messaging app, there is no sound, just vibration, just as I want it. I have disabled sound from the settings (selected "none" from the drop-down menu) for messaging - and then for everything else (thinking that maybe those notifications are part of something else in the system). I tried a reboot, and then a soft reset, the problem is still there. The only workaround so far is to put my phone on vibrate (but then I don't hear it if someone calls) or mute the threads which I use the most (in which case, I don't get notifications).
Any ideas?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
The only suggestion I can make is to give Microsoft feedback about this situation. I have the same issue on my Lumia 640 running Windows 10.

There isn't a setting, it's just the way Microsoft made it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos