How can I fix my phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Greetings everyone!

In advance, thank you for taking the time to help me out. My Nokia Lumia (635?) has been my old trusty phone for years. A couple of months ago it finally "went". By went, I mean I plug it in to charge, there is a slight buzz indicating it is charging, but then nothing comes on the screen. It happened pretty randomly. It was working fine, and then after it died it started doing this.

I got a new phone, but unfortunately my contacts could not be transferred over because of this problem. I'm not sure if it's a battery problem, or a screen problem. Besides the fact that the phone has nostalgic value, I still have contacts and photos on the phone that I really need. No, the ones I need were not backed up in the cloud.

What can be done to fix the phone?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's hard to pin down what the problem is in this case since it doesn't appear to obviously be one component. I would write off the phone and data as a lesson in backing up data.

But if that's not an option, I suppose there's nothing stopping you from pouring in money attempting to replace various parts and see what happens. (probably not a battery issue)

But if it's an issue with the main board, unless you have access to government/corporate-level data recovery facilities/personnel, all bets are off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers