How can I select a whatsapp backup to be restored as I want?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I've deleted all my whatsapp backup files except one backed up on 8/1/2017 manually but whenever I'm going to reinstall whatsapp it's restoring backup of 9/1/2017 which doesn't exist & I don't want to restore it either. Please help.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like it made an automatic backup...

Check your App settings.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
WhatsApp backup files are saved to the microSD card. It will, by default, use the latest backup folder available there. And, obviously, it cannot backup something that does not exist. Make sure OneDrive backup is disabled, and that you have the correct backup folder in place.

I've done this several times in the past, and it has always worked for me.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
...obviously, it cannot backup something that does not exist...

Note that on January 10, the user wrote that Whatsapp had a Jan 9 backup. They said it didn't exist and I took that to mean they did not intentionally create it. It was not a future date, but a past one so not impossible. Thus I posited auto-backup was in play.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Note that on January 10, the user wrote that Whatsapp had a Jan 9 backup. They said it didn't exist and I took that to mean they did not intentionally create it. It was not a future date, but a past one so not impossible. Thus I posited auto-backup was in play.

I understand the sequence of events, but what I'm saying is that WhatsApp does not create hidden backup files, even with auto-backup enabled. All their local backups are stored on the microSD card and can be browsed (and deleted) using any file explorer. That's why I mentioned the OneDrive backup as well, since that may be interfering.

Has OP changed their WhatsApp number in between?

eastlawyers1

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
Firstly you should check your settings, if this backup doesn't exist. Can you find your backup on 8/1/2017? If not , maybe you've already lost it . And you should find the third-party software to help you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos