How can I turn off the hearing damage warning?

K1ngJony

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm on W10M, I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter what build because this has been a feature since WP 8 that I know of. This warning shows up after I've had my speakers plugged in for a couple hours saying that "keeping headphones on a high volume for long periods could cause permanent hearing damage" (I'm working on a renovation and play music all through the day) and it brings my volume down to 13 and then I can barely hear my music and have to come back to my phone and turn it back up. This happens a couple times a day because I play music all the time while I'm working (around 12 hours) and it has become really annoying. So, now to my question, as per the title, is there any way I can disable this feature?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
No, to the best of my knowledge, it cannot be disabled. I get the warning often when I connect my phone to my cars' Bluetooth systems, where I turn the volume up to 25, but control the actual volume on the radio's knob.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I get the warning all the time on my Nokia Lumia 2520... The thing is, that tablet is LOUD so I appreciate the advice.

:winktongue:

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
That's interesting..I never saw the the warning on Windows, just WP and WinMo. But, I have limited exposure to WinRT.

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I agree. I understand, and appreciate what MS is wanting to do with it, but I should have the option to disable it. With wired headphones it is not an issue, but when I plug the headphone jack into my car (without Bluetooth) I have to crank up the volume just to hear it. I also run into it while on my Bluetooth headphones. The headphones themselves are quiet when below the threshold of the warning message.

MORE AUDIO OPTIONS PLEASE!