How do I create a shortcut to a particular troubleshooter in Win10?

Tabula Rasa SM

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
We have a terrible ISP, and something keeps happening with the gateway or the network that messes up our internet connection. The way I've found to fix it is to go into the adapter settings and diagnose the wifi. It just resets the adapter, but it fixes the issue. I see this problem a lot daily, as do my parents, and my steps are too complicated for them to remember.

I'd like to create an icon on the desktop that'll either run the wifi adapter troubleshooter or maybe would just reset the wifi adapter if that's easier. That way I can name the thing to tell my parents to click to fix wifi and maybe stop hearing a ton of grumbling about 'stupid computers' and 'stupid internet' and lots of 'what the h*ll???' I've found some similar tutorials online, but nothing that quite matches what I need to do. Help's appreciated!

Note: I have a solution already where I created a shortcut to the wifi adapter, which lets you right click, go into properties, and click diagnose there. What I'm looking for is something that is essentially one-click. I've seen some scripts that might work, but since I don't know what exactly goes on when the troubleshooter is resetting the adapter, I'm not sure if any really accomplish the same things as the troubleshooter.

The scripts have me disabling/reenabling the network or using different ipconfig commands. I'm waiting for the internet to drop again to try them out, but I'm not 100% sure they'll cover what I need/if there's some command line entry that more clearly says you're resetting a particular adapter.

Last edited:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Welcome to Windows Central. The only thing I know that comes close to your request is open control panel- right click trouble shooter- create short cut! You could do the same thing with network and Sharing Center!:smile:

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 6

Tabula Rasa SM

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for this! I'd already created a solution from shortcutting to the adapter itself, where you can go into properties and diagnose there. I'm just trying to get something super simple, one-click if possible, that fixes the problem instead of having my parents go through menus. Something that'd keep them from yelling for me to fix things every time ;-)

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi If you put a short cut of Network and Sharing Center on the desktop, it's just to clicks. That's the best I can do at this time!

Attachments

• Capture26.JPG
    Capture26.JPG
    181.9 KB · Views: 5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12