How do I get back app data from my SD card onto my new phone?

christopher ibarra

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I had a Nokia Lumia 530 and I had all my app data saved onto my SD card. The phone stopped working so my warranty sent me a new one, still a 530. I put the SD card in from my old phone and downloaded the same apps as before but I can't find my old data. How do I fix this?

christopher ibarra

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi Harrie. I'm new like a lot of people so sorry if I'm hard to explain to. So if I understand what you're telling me there's not much I can do. I'm not sure if I backed up the old 530 before it broke, just that I saved my apps to the SD card. When I put it into my new 530, I go to storage sense and it tells me I have apps saved on the SD card. I was just trying to figure out if there's a way to recover them. I already backed up the new 530 (which is the one Im using).

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply.
No problem that you are new to windows phone and have questions that is why we are here.

Indeed there is not much what you can do.
In your case the only way to get the app data (and apps) to a new phone is to enable in the backup setting the "backup apps+settings".
And on your new phone (if you use the same MS account) you will be asked during the setup if you want to "reinstall" a backup. If you reinstall the backup the aps+setting will be downloaded to your new phone.

A few remarks.
The backup you reinstall does not need to be from the same device type. (you can for example reinstall a back up from a 535 to a 640).
Now not all developer included the backup feature so for some apps you will loose the data.
If you for example have a backup from a 930 and reinstall it on a 520 then of course the apps which need the higher hardware spec will not be installed on the "lower" hardware spec device.
If you have a app in the backup which is pulled from the store (removed by the developer) you also will not get this app on the new device.

If you have more questions please ask.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs