How do I stop Cortana from popping up?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re:

Like thus?

Capture01.png

That is the new normal if you want Cortana on your Win 10 box. You can still search in the box... Like this:

Capture02.png

As you can see, it searches locally on your machine or on the web.

If you are expressing another issue we need more details.

If you just want to disable Cortana you may do so, but I see huge advantages in having her active on my computer.

Open Cortana by clicking on the search bar > select notebook (the icon to the left that I highlighted) > choose "settings" > after settings opens you may toggle Cortana to off...

cortana settings.PNG

If there is something else going on you will have to let us know. Welcome to Windows Central.

nighthawk747

May 1, 2016
Visit site
I would not mind the pop ups IF they did not pop up every couple of seconds! I cannot read anything without the pop up covering part of the screen constantly. You wrote that you recommend keeping Cortana, but c'mon now...way too intrusive and irritating as it is now.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would not mind the pop ups IF they did not pop up every couple of seconds! I cannot read anything without the pop up covering part of the screen constantly. You wrote that you recommend keeping Cortana, but c'mon now...way too intrusive and irritating as it is now.

Do you have any screen shots?

I'm not sure what popups you are speaking of. Cortama itself is not popping up and covering my screens. I have some notifications pop up in the lower right, they are hardly intrusive and you can manage what notifications appear on desktop.

Honestly we need more specific details.

I don't even know that I was addressing your specific issue in the post above... I was making a guess based on the vague complaint about Cortana popups. Cortana pops up only when you click on the search bar... If you mean something else, please elaborate with specifics.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hamododomunı