How do I wirelessly connect Windows 10 Tech preview laptop to Samsung TV with WIS12ABGNX wifi dongle?

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
how to wirelessly connect Windows 10 Tech preview laptop to Samsung TV with WIS12ABGNX wifi dongle

The story so far.....
I setup this wifi dongle which enables the allshare function on the Samsung TV model PS58C7000.
I looked up a video on the screen mirroring for windows8.1 and I am guessing it would be pretty similar for Win10. The network is all setup for sharing and I am able to see the device on my Laptop and the laptop on TV. So far I am able to access the default media folders if I use the device as an external device Like a HDD but this one is wireless.
On my laptop I can see the TV in the device manager which to me means that the drivers are all setup right. In the settings page of Win 10 if search project my screen setting and try and detect the TV all I get is this message asking me to make sure the device is on and discoverable. Simultaneously on the TV screen I can see the Laptop and If I select it, I can access the default folders that are there on the laptop but the laptop still fails to see the TV.
Am I missing something? or is this one of the "bugs" in this developmental stage?
I have already reported this to MS but is there someone who thinks that I have not done something right?

My wife's Iphone uses this app which has got some built in features like youtube and what have you to project it to the TV and it works like a charm. My L1020 on the other hand struggles to project videos from camera roll to the TV, loads forever :( but the photos to some extent is working fine. No screen projecting/mirroring unless I might be missing something again. is miracast available on 1020 at all?

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: how to wirelessly connect Windows 10 Tech preview laptop to Samsung TV with WIS12ABGNX wifi dong

The story so far.....
I setup this wifi dongle which enables the allshare function on the Samsung TV model PS58C7000.
I looked up a video on the screen mirroring for windows8.1 and I am guessing it would be pretty similar for Win10. The network is all setup for sharing and I am able to see the device on my Laptop and the laptop on TV. So far I am able to access the default media folders if I use the device as an external device Like a HDD but this one is wireless.
On my laptop I can see the TV in the device manager which to me means that the drivers are all setup right. In the settings page of Win 10 if search project my screen setting and try and detect the TV all I get is this message asking me to make sure the device is on and discoverable. Simultaneously on the TV screen I can see the Laptop and If I select it, I can access the default folders that are there on the laptop but the laptop still fails to see the TV.
Am I missing something? or is this one of the "bugs" in this developmental stage?
I have already reported this to MS but is there someone who thinks that I have not done something right?

My wife's Iphone uses this app which has got some built in features like youtube and what have you to project it to the TV and it works like a charm. My L1020 on the other hand struggles to project videos from camera roll to the TV, loads forever :( but the photos to some extent is working fine. No screen projecting/mirroring unless I might be missing something again. is miracast available on 1020 at all?

Try the project my screen app

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: how to wirelessly connect Windows 10 Tech preview laptop to Samsung TV with WIS12ABGNX wifi dong

Try the project my screen app
I am trying to duplicate my laptop screen on to a samsung TV which doesnt have a project my screen app. The app that you say is for projecting Lumia phone screen to a PC or Laptop.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12