• Welcome to the all-new Windows Central Forums! - We're still moving some things around, so you may see a few quirks here and there, but we're working on getting things fully completed as soon as possible. For now, take a look around, and if you run into any major issues, please let us know in this thread!

How do you get '' old Edge '' favorites out of Windows 10 Phone?

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
I tried searching for this but no luck, which makes me think it's likely impossible. Like anyone browsing the Windows Phones forums, I'm still using my Lumia 830 because I like how it works better than what I've seen on IOS or Android. But even I know that some day I'll have to give it up for daily use. I have tons of favorites in my phone's Edge browser, which is of course pre-Chromium and probably why it no longer syncs with my PC browser which is the "new Edge".

I fear monkeying around with the sync because I don't want to suddenly lose all my phone favorites.

Is there any way to export the favorites from mobile Edge so I simply don't lose them? Or will I literally have to open each and copy the URL to a file or email?

Gracias you other WP Strongholds :cool:

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
I tried searching for this but no luck, which makes me think it's likely impossible. Like anyone browsing the Windows Phones forums, I'm still using my Lumia 830 because I like how it works better than what I've seen on IOS or Android. But even I know that some day I'll have to give it up for daily use. I have tons of favorites in my phone's Edge browser, which is of course pre-Chromium and probably why it no longer syncs with my PC browser which is the "new Edge".

I fear monkeying around with the sync because I don't want to suddenly lose all my phone favorites.

Is there any way to export the favorites from mobile Edge so I simply don't lose them? Or will I literally have to open each and copy the URL to a file or email?

Gracias you other WP Strongholds :cool:
I'm still using my 950, although I have readied and am learning a couple of Angroids for when the day comes. I've never kept favorites on my phone, so I can't help you directly -or much at all. The only lead or clue I can offer is that I am running the Microsoft Launcher on these phones and have installed several Microsoft apps from the playstore, including Edge. I just searched to see if it might have an import function, but I don't see one. One possibility might be that logging into your account may enable this because I do see a Sync settings and Sync on/off option, and Favorites is one of the check-off options (though there's no reference at all to Windows Phone: I suspect it may be able to syn with a connected PC only). Anyway, good luck; you may want to seek actual help at the Android Phones forum here at WC: https://forums.windowscentral.com/android-phones/

Only other means that comes to mind is using OneDrive connections, and there's a OneDrive app as well at the playstore and on my phones.

De nada y suerte, WP compañero.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ty0660