How to attach office document in Web Whatsapp using Microsoft Surface Go

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Somehow I can't attach office document such as Word, Excel or Power Point in Web WhatsApp using Surface Go. I tried to install Chrome or Firefox browser (out of S-Mode), but no luck.

The alternative way is to transfer the file to my phone via Bluetooth then send it through android WhatsApp apps, but this alternative is not practical.

Please advise.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
You should be able to just drag and drop the file onto the WhatsApp web page. It works for me. I can attach an Excel file, and I have WhatsApp Web open in Chrome.

C 5

Oct 8, 2019
Visit site
You should be able to just drag and drop the file onto the WhatsApp web page. It works for me. I can attach an Excel file, and I have WhatsApp Web open in Chrome.

Appreciate the answer, but still didn't work. I really want to keep my Windows 10S instead installing Chrome.

C 5

Oct 8, 2019
Visit site
You can also download the Win32 Whatsapp Relay (WhatsApp Desktop from the store) and use that on the Surface Go.

I tried this, but the apps often crash and nope it wont help me upload office file (docx, xlsx, pptx). But it can upload pdf file.
Recently I cant send pdf file using web WhatsApp in Microsoft Edge, it really frustrating because I'm using it to send office and pdf file to my colleagues.

C 5

Oct 8, 2019
Visit site
Somehow I can't attach office document such as Word, Excel or Power Point in Web WhatsApp using Surface Go. I tried to install Chrome or Firefox browser (out of S-Mode), but no luck.

The alternative way is to transfer the file to my phone via Bluetooth then send it through android WhatsApp apps, but this alternative is not practical.

Please advise.

Actually I already tried out of Windows 10 S mode to install Chrome and Firefox just to use Web WhatsApp, but no luck. The office file just won't upload. That's why I return to Windows 10 S.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I tried this, but the apps often crash and nope it wont help me upload office file (docx, xlsx, pptx). But it can upload pdf file.
Recently I cant send pdf file using web WhatsApp in Microsoft Edge, it really frustrating because I'm using it to send office and pdf file to my colleagues.

I've found it to be hit and miss, the work around is an annoying one. If you have a spare sim put that in a phone then install whatsapp / register that with whatsapp. Add that number to your address book on your main phone, then just send all your documents to that number. So when you load up whatsapp desktop all your documents should be there for you to download off that chat.

C 5

Oct 8, 2019
Visit site
I've found it to be hit and miss, the work around is an annoying one. If you have a spare sim put that in a phone then install whatsapp / register that with whatsapp. Add that number to your address book on your main phone, then just send all your documents to that number. So when you load up whatsapp desktop all your documents should be there for you to download off that chat.

The thing is all the data is in my Surface Go, to send it via WhatsApp I have to open Web WhatsApp on Edge. But that not going to work because web WhatsApp or desktop WhatsApp refuse to send any office files.
After recent windows update the desktop WhatsApp rarely crash. I used it to send PDF files.
Btw this is how it look when I tried to send office documents, the icon goes gray instead blue for doc/docx

Sample Doc File.png

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
The thing is all the data is in my Surface Go, to send it via WhatsApp I have to open Web WhatsApp on Edge. But that not going to work because web WhatsApp or desktop WhatsApp refuse to send any office files.
After recent windows update the desktop WhatsApp rarely crash. I used it to send PDF files.
Btw this is how it look when I tried to send office documents, the icon goes gray instead blue for doc/docx

View attachment 141510

Silly question, but, on that screen, what happens if you click the green arrow?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 141510

I see, in that case your best option would be to use onedrive or dropbox etc.
The other alternatives would be to use to change the file types on android or put the files in a compressed archive i.e zip file.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss