How to configure Fall Creators Update with Android Microsoft Launcher

convergent

May 20, 2017
Visit site
I'm using a Galaxy Note 8 with Surface Pro 2017. I've got the Microsoft Launcher on the Note 8, and upgraded to Fall Creators Update on the Surface Pro. I can now continue on PC from a file on my Note 8. But I don't believe I'm getting all the functionality.

In the Windows 10 Settings page for "Your Phone", there is a section called "Your Progress" and its got greyed out icons and a message that says "You haven't linked any apps between your phone and PC. Add your phone above to get started." Under managed phones, my Note 8 is listed. How do I link apps. I've clicked on nearly every option in Settings, and checked every setting for Microsoft Launcher on the Note 8 and find no way to do this.

Also, on the Note 8, the Recent pane seems to be inconsistent. I would expect that to have both Note 8 and Surface Pro recent events, files, etc. How do you configure what shows up on this list?

Did the unified copy/paste make it, or is that not available?

Its frustrating that there is no documentation with any of this.

bradavon

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
I have the same, a bizarre "Your Progress" pain claiming I haven't linked any apps. It's not clear what it does and doesn't seem to do anything.

Clicking Continue on PC works fine with websites but opens them only in Edge meaning I'm less likely to use it. I can already Send an open Tab instantly to another device in Firefox.

Clicking Continue on PC with documents (I also have the Microsoft Launcher) opens them in Read Only annoyingly. Word 2016 keeps asking me to re-sign into my Microsoft account when I use Continue on PC too. I'm already signed in. I can't see myself using it whilst they open Read Only and the documents are synced to my PC using OneDrive anyway.

Currently the feature is a bit of a mess.

bradavon

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
I think the list of supported apps is limited. Anything that can create a web link should work so any web browser, Spotify, Soundcloud and even Tinder.

Other than that I presume the Android apps for Edge, Cortana, Outlook *, Skype, OneDrive and LinkedIn are supported as these logos are shown in the Progress banner.

I cannot see anywhere in the OneDrive app to "link it" and clicking Share --> Continue on PC just sends a shared OneDrive link to Action Centre. Not terribly useful.

There's nothing that mentions Continue on PC or even a Share feature in Skype.

I don't use the rest of the apps listed.

Pass.

* It does say you can continue writing an email on your PC so presumably it's referring to Android/IOS Outlook app?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans