How to connect Surface Go to my Samsung S9 phone to transfer files?

Casey Cheung

Jul 26, 2019
Visit site
I bought a new Surface Go last week, so far I'm liking it!

I can't figure out how to transfer files from the Surface Go to my Samsung S9 Android phone (or reverse).

With my Lenovo Thinkpad Windows laptop, I use a USB-C cord with USB (A or B end?) into laptop port and other end into the phone, and a notification window pops up on the phone to ask me if I want to transfer files.

Since the Surface Go doesn't have the old style USB (A or B) port, only a USB-C port, will a USB-C to USB-C cable work for transferring files from laptop to phone?

I tried using a USB-C adapter tip to plug into the laptop, but that didn't work.

Thanks!

atomicadam13

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
hi, I use a usb c to usb c on my s8 no problems, like you I tried the usb adaptor and it did not work, the cable I use is from "inateck" I have experienced the cheaper cables not working,

Casey Cheung

Jul 26, 2019
Visit site
hi, I use a usb c to usb c on my s8 no problems, like you I tried the usb adaptor and it did not work, the cable I use is from "inateck" I have experienced the cheaper cables not working,

Great! Thank you for confirming! I will go to a local Central Computer store to buy a USB-C to USB-C cable. I like transferring files/media back and forth from my Windows laptops to my Android phones, so this is a big deal for me.

By the way, can you recommend any particular USB-C hub/dongle for attaching to the Surface Go? There are so many to choose from that it can be confusing. I'm thinking a unit that has USB-C Power Delivery will be a good choice.

Thanks!!!

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you need a USB C cable that you plug one end in to the Surface Go and the other end in to your phone. Then set your phone storage mode so that it then appears in Windows Explorer and then just drag and drop as needed.

Casey Cheung

Jul 26, 2019
Visit site
Thank you much for your advice! I went to a local Central Computer store and got a Unitek USB-C to USB-C cable on sale for $7.95 and it works perfectly for transferring files between my Windows laptop and Samsung S9 phone! Problem solved!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb