How to fix frowny face BSOD/Nokia Software Updater doesn't start!

MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
1520 on Windows Phone 8.1. It's been getting progressively worse at holding a charge for a couple months now. This morning, with 65% battery, I played a few turns of Words With Friends and then got the "Battery is Critically Low" error message followed by an immediate "goodbye" shut off screen, which has been par for the course for a while now. However, upon trying to start it back up again, I now get the blue frowny face of death, which I've never gotten before.

I looked at past threads about this and just installed the Nokia Software Updater, but when I try to open that software, I now get an error message saying it tried to connect to the internet 3 times but it didn't work. My internet is fine and my Avira Antivirus is on snooze, so I have no idea why it's doing this.

Any help?!

Wolfjt

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
1520 on Windows Phone 8.1. It's been getting progressively worse at holding a charge for a couple months now. This morning, with 65% battery, I played a few turns of Words With Friends and then got the "Battery is Critically Low" error message followed by an immediate "goodbye" shut off screen, which has been par for the course for a while now. However, upon trying to start it back up again, I now get the blue frowny face of death, which I've never gotten before.

I looked at past threads about this and just installed the Nokia Software Updater, but when I try to open that software, I now get an error message saying it tried to connect to the internet 3 times but it didn't work. My internet is fine and my Avira Antivirus is on snooze, so I have no idea why it's doing this.

Any help?!
Time for a new phone. Your battery is obviously dieing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99