How to get up to 7GB extra storage on OneDrive

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
You can get free extra storage on OneDrive in two ways:

1. You will get 3GB extra storage if you set your phone to automatically upload your photos to OneDrive in camera-settings.
  2. You can get up to 5GB extra storage if you get friends to join OneDrive by going to OneDrive.com, pressing Get more storage, and then get free storage and give your friend the link. This will give both you and your friend 0,5GB extra free storage! :smile:

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
sweet , many of my android pal are trying to switch to windows phone (hopefully wp8.1 would be a good start for them ) , will share the link with them , with this we booth will get benefit ;)

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Pffft. I use both. I have 130GB on OneDrive and then the 5GB on iCloud.
me too , but photo stream does not save all my photos on my pc or on my device , it just keeps the copy for I month or so and keeps on deleting the older one (I know icloud photo stream does not count the photo stream images in memory but its very limited for me ) , and I only use the 5GB just for my iPad backup which is roughly 1.5GB at moment and I know it wont exceed ;).
regarding 130 GB its for 1 year but 10-15GB is more than enough for me to store all my images and videos ;)

Jessica Lares

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
me too , but photo stream does not save all my photos on my pc or on my device , it just keeps the copy for I month or so and keeps on deleting the older one (I know icloud photo stream does not count the photo stream images in memory but its very limited for me ) , and I only use the 5GB just for my iPad backup which is roughly 1.5GB at moment and I know it wont exceed ;).
regarding 130 GB its for 1 year but 10-15GB is more than enough for me to store all my images and videos ;)

I'm a Mac user, so the iCloud storage is for my iWork, and other apps that use iCloud syncing that go from my iPod, iPad, and then back. My iPod is 64GB, and no way can be backed up, hahaha. I use the OneDrive space primarily for my photo rolls and for the stuff that doesn't support iCloud and my Windows Phone stuff too.

And yeah, I'm finding it hard to use more than 10GB. I'd have to push my iTunes in there.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Pffft. I use both. I have 130GB on OneDrive and then the 5GB on iCloud.

I have something like that, but for me the numbers are in different clouds. I use OneDrive, Google Drive, Box, and Dropbox. I have something like 30GB on OneDrive (missed out on the 100GB promo), 175GB on Drive (I believe 100GB or 125GB of it is from Chromebook & Moto X promos), 50GB on Box, and a couple GBs on Dropbox. I try to keep OneDrive & Drive synced as backup for each other. I used to have an iPhone, but I don't use iCloud since I got rid of it. I have no clue how much storage I have available there.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm a Mac user, so the iCloud storage is for my iWork, and other apps that use iCloud syncing that go from my iPod, iPad, and then back. My iPod is 64GB, and no way can be backed up, hahaha. I use the OneDrive space primarily for my photo rolls and for the stuff that doesn't support iCloud and my Windows Phone stuff too.

And yeah, I'm finding it hard to use more than 10GB. I'd have to push my iTunes in there.

hehe , ipad still have 8.9GB free space , have a 16 GB variant (ipad 3 ) and the new shiny ios 7 just screwed it up , it's half baked , very lagy , miss the old days with ios 6 lol btw a tip :- your ipad just got a new update yesterday ? ios 7.0.6....(small bump which fixed secure SSL connection bug ). I am eagerly waiting for ios 7.1 , heard will fix all the bugs/random crashes etc. I am going off topic in this post lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucasmorth